• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

'91 945T in tank pump upgrade options?

prometheus_aflame

Hey TB'ers,

I am wondering if anyone out there makes a higher quality in tank pump that is better than OEM specs, but is a direct replacement. Any help is appreciated.

By the way, I will be installing the Yoshifab fuel rail if that matters.

I've got Deatschwerk in 2 cars so far. Not exactly a direct replacement but a good pump!

Look for any one that did a write up on installing a single Walbro in tank and then buy a pump that doesn't make a bunch of noise haha

Hey TB'ers,

I am wondering if anyone out there makes a higher quality in tank pump that is better than OEM specs, but is a direct replacement. Any help is appreciated.

By the way, I will be installing the Yoshifab fuel rail if that matters.

i installed a wallbro gst 450 last week in my 96' single in tank pump 945

its pretty easy , only thing you need is some 8mm fuel hose and 2 stainless clamps

have a look here

Been rocking an Airtex E2366 (255lph, spec'd for a 93 Mustang Cobra) from AZ for around 5-6 years/60-70k, single pump, ran straight E85 for a couple years, been on a 50/50 mix the last year or two, seen pressure demands as high as 80psi, never had an issue other than the hose coming off the top.

I'm using the same Airtex as above (also spec'd to a V10 Ford Excursion), and it fit super well in the stock level sender (84 244). They stopped coming with connectors for a while, but the one I got last year had a nice pigtail.

Really? **** I've had those same Airtex fail on me left and right but I'm usually in the denominator of things.

I usually run with Deatschwerks now; Same price as the Walbros or cheaper sometimes, and don't have to worry about chinese knock-offs(yet...).

With most newer pumps, you're going to have to cut the pump holder or work out another way to get it mounted to the assembly.
Ovlov760's method is one way to go about it - Stonie's thread is similar too, another good look.

i installed a wallbro gst 450 last week in my 96' single in tank pump 945

its pretty easy , only thing you need is some 8mm fuel hose and 2 stainless clamps

have a look here
^This.
I am running a Walbro 255 in my 91 945se and did the exact same thing.

Back