• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

which mount is needed for the Power Steering Reservoir

:lol: Pay $ for *new* Volvo parts to install that remote reservoir junk everyone in the USA hates/throws out if they can/don't have to run it (I think you have to run remote setup/something like it with 16V k@@l-@id &/or NIW super-tweak intake?) :lol:

Or are you a poor SOD w/a case of the crabs (carbs) in South America & can't use the '91+ integrated reservoir pump (pump itself is the same as most chevy trucks w/vol-void pressure valve/setting & vol-void spec/offset/diameter etc. V-belt pulley) w/its stamped steel brackets w/garden variety '85+ alloy block bracket for some reason?

Some rare-bear '85-'90 cars where the dealer replaced/updated the hoses & flushed the system on time/preventatively the pump isn't all starved/moaning & aren't a mess of oozing worn out rotten hoses, but most are?

Other than rust-proofing the battery tray or pressure hose that sometimes gets chafed/busted if the driver engine mount is busted, can't say I see much/any advantage to that wretched setup they ran '85-'90 on the USA cars & throw it out if it needs anything more than 1 updated hose (that I have from S-canning that setup) or a top-off or oddball '85-'90 pump that somehow runs dead silent. :lol:

Last edited:
1987 Volvo 240

f73ead59-2abc-4086-93a8-0dd00a8cca4e.JPG

I know but there's only one bracket to mount the reservoir for a 240. If he wants to mount the reservoir closer to the pump he could probably put the bracket on the passenger side strut tower.

I know but there's only one bracket to mount the reservoir for a 240. If he wants to mount the reservoir closer to the pump he could probably put the bracket on the passenger side strut tower.

I found the mount down here in Latin America on a junker car. I think I am going to mount it on the right passenger side to keep all fluids on one side.

I have found almost all pieces with the help of white855t and you, now I am just trying to find the lower ac compressor mounting hardware for 3514231 mount. I don't understand how to get the exploded diagram view from volvopartswebstore off of just the mounting part number?

Back