• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

My 1981 242 DL

interesting dash,

thanks body!!! It took about a year to figure things out, like getting the right combo gauges , gps speedo, led lights, sensors , backing heavy duty plastic, gutting the original instrument panel and wiring until is almost done.
Nice job with the project.
take care
DZ :rofl:

Cheers buddy! It helps alot! Plus, all of it was free as i am an electrician and get nistrut etc when the job finishes for nothing as it's going to the bin :D

The shocks, i am wondering myself as i have no idea about them lol

ADam

Nice work on the overhead storage area.

Those rear shocks with coil springs look interesting - what are they?

Nice work with the car trolley. I'm amazed at how much you make maximum use of the available space.

I'm looking forward to see you doing the body repairs, I have a 242 in similar condition.

Nice work with the car trolley. I'm amazed at how much you make maximum use of the available space.

I'm looking forward to see you doing the body repairs, I have a 242 in similar condition.

Cheers buddy! Yes, i need to make it all count lol.

I am dreading to think of the whole process as i am no welder or fabricator, but hell, i am gonna do my best! :D

Cheers

That's a tricky repair, from the looks of it.

Do you take video of cutting out the rusty section?

Like you, I also salvaged a complete lower rear screen section as my 242 has rust on the RH side.

Hey, Cheers, it's gonna be well worth it in the end.

I have filmed the whole cutout scene for the upcoming video that i will have to edit some time later, when i am done with welding it all up, so that's that.

It's hard to find a god not rusty part these days to cut out unfortunately...

ADam

Howdee Gents and Lasses!

So after a very long time and alot of decissions i have decided that there's no chance i can keep that car as is in the garage...

So i pulled my finger out and started working on it again!

I got loads of videos and pictures, just need to find a way to host the pics without using the photobucket thing..

I met a neighbor of mine, called Tomek, a few weeks ago, who moved in a few houses down the road. Surprise surprise, he's a welder, and has rebuil;t a few cars himself...

When i showed him the 242, his grin was epic to see, and he told me that he's gonna give me a hand fixing it whatever it takes!

Be patient, i'll get the pics and vids sorted pronto and they gonna be here!

Adam

Back