• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Head Mounted Distributor O-rings

945TurboTwins

Board Blue Devil
I have been dealing with an oil leak from my distributor for a little while and just got around to working on it this weekend. I have taken it off before but never really looked closely at the seals. I pre-emtively bought the three o-rings listed on FCP Grotons site (small, medium, and large) for the 1995 B230FT. When I acutally took it off this weekend, I found the small and large o-rings and replaced them but couldn't find the middle one. Do you have to take the turning pin out of the distributor to find it or is it somewhere else?

Thanks.

OK, good to know. I just saw the three listed on the FCP Groton site and assumed I would need all three. I had replaced the shaft seal when I put my ipd turbo cam in, and there is no oil in the cap itself. The oil seems to be dripping down between the dizzy and the head. So I either fixed it this weekend, or the other possibility is that I didn't get a good seal on the valve cover in the back. We'll see if it stops dripping. :)

Sorry - already did it this past weekend. But looking at FCP site again, they sell a kit that includes 1 small 6 mm, 1 40 mm, and the shaft seal for the cam. I think you are correct about the other one for the block mounted type.

Another place it can leak from back there is the last cam bearing cap. If youve done the o-rings and still have an oil leak, you need to take the cap off and use an anerobic gasket maker on the mating surface of the cap to the head. Permatex makes one in a blue tube. The sealer is like a red jelly, its a pliable sealer for machined surfaces. It takes very little and is pretty easy to do.
Mark

Back