• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Log vs 90+ manifold

Radtap

I currently have a perfect log manifold that'll bolt up to my T3 no problem, I have 2 cracked 90+ manifolds that would either need an adapter plate or need to be milled to flat to accept the T3 as well as have the cracks welded. Motor in question is essentially a stock N/A block. My question is- will I see a significant enough performance increase to warrant paying to have the manifold worked and have it out a couple days or more. I'm a cheapskate and I'm impatient, I wanna put it together now. I've heard things about how some adapters cause fitment issues in 240s but I can't test fit right now to check clearance. Proper header is planned later down the road but right now its a mostly factory setup.

I mean the 90+ is better than a log, but if the log is ready to go, and your plan is to upgrade in the reasonable future, run the log...

This thread may be useful: https://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=336694

Do you have a Volvo T3 turbo with the stepped flange, or an aftermarket T3 (or T3/T4) with a flat flange, or the uncommon Volvo T3 flat flange?

Edit: yoshifab in AZ offers 90+ repair and flattening: https://yoshifab.com/store/services-c140.html

I have a Volvo t3 stepped flange, might be getting my hands on a 16t though. I saw yoshis services but I didn?t know he was in Az so shipping it out wouldn?t be as bad as I thought. The log manifold I have is off a 740 so the t3 bolts to the manifold with bolts through the back side of the manifold and from pictures I?ve seen the flange seems to protrude more on the earlier b21 manifolds and obviously I don?t have the o2 port. If I end up getting this 16t ill just have a 90+ manifold welded. I?m looking through different threads and more and more ideas keep popping in, oh let?s port the manifold, port the turbo, buy a bigger turbo, buy a brand new turbo. Gotta keep reminding myself just to get the damn car running

I did a modified log, but if you are a self proclaimed cheapskate and can't weld, it's not an option. This thing worked awesome, the only thing I would change is use bolts instead of studs.

yUTT7Dul.jpg

L2zHAs7l.jpg

I did a modified log, but if you are a self proclaimed cheapskate and can't weld, it's not an option. This thing worked awesome, the only thing I would change is use bolts instead of studs.

yUTT7Dul.jpg

L2zHAs7l.jpg

I'm not super super cheap but right now buying a header is out of the picture. I saw that header in another thread and I really like it and I was thinking of something like that, I could try to weld something like that but I'm not that good at welding and only have a 110 mig. Did make some decent exhaust for my minibike a couple years ago so if I practice I could maybe get something similar, I'd also need to buy some pre-bent tube. Issue with that is that creates another project I may procrastinate on or get stuck on and eat up more time. Like I said, SQUIRREL

The 740 turbo manifold has a great flat spot on the bottom for welding an elbow to an external waste gate. There was a Tb member about a decade ago who used one with a holset with good success. Can’t remember his name.

IMHO the manifold is a means to an end. Run what you got. Think about the external gate… makes boost control easy.

The 740 turbo manifold has a great flat spot on the bottom for welding an elbow to an external waste gate. There was a Tb member about a decade ago who used one with a holset with good success. Can?t remember his name.

IMHO the manifold is a means to an end. Run what you got. Think about the external gate? makes boost control easy.

Eamonn(hockey930) and I did that as a fun setup in his 760 while waiting on a motor from jvab. That setup and an hx35/40 with some spray on top ripped. Might or might not have ripped a couple 600cc bikes on the street on 20-24psi.

Back