• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Remember the real Orlando meets? This is a call for you to attend October 19-21

...shizzle...

Eric, you don't even have to explain those things to me. My house in Santa Cruz used to be host to our regular "every 6 weeks" grub sessions that would see 40+ club members over, just hangin' out, food for days, and general wam-and-fuzziness. We were freinds and we spent time together. I promoted that sense of community amongst us and did everything I could to continue. That's way that club now has at least two chapters and over 300 members in Central Coast California now (San Francisco - Santa Cruz) and sister clubs as far north as Vancouver (Grimly Fiendish Scooter Club).

But evenstill, it has nothing to do with what you guys are or are not going to do.

That said, my rant was about that little bundle of nerves Ika that seems rather strangely upset when people don't show up to his planned get togethers.

1) I don't EXPECT my freinds to do anything. I want them to kick it with me because they WANT to kick it with me. Not because they're guilted or e-coerced into it.

2) If they can't, that's fine. I've found that they're more willing to want to make it the next time around if my response is understanding and accomodating.

3) In spite of my freinds / associates troubles, I hold them in high regard! That said, if they can't make it to something I planned, I'm not going to begin a childish campaign to call names and get in jabs here or there.

Try to read everything I said in there. There are a couple of things I wrote that are worthy of mention.

1) I wish I could go
2) Enjoy your weekend

Should'nt those two things really be the most important?

If they're not, then is there some internet pride male sh1t going on here? If that's the case, you can be leader of the Florida Pack Issacc. It really doesn't matter to me. I wasn't after it anyways.

OTOH, if you (Ika) want to match credentials of who's been where / done what / with whom / on what, I garuantee my list will be longer then yours. You're a puppy! Don't bark up the wrong tree!

I've been listening to your little jabs for aeons now and have just let them go. After this thread, I'll continue to do so. But for now, I'm going to call you out to grow up. This just might be a good time to stop being so full of yourself. ;-)

Yo, we need to change the direction of this thread to how the hell we can get steve and I in our turbo volvos TO THE MEET.

Que the mission impossible theme.

If you can get a trailer that can haul three cars behind the durango, we're in business! :-P You need to get over here and listen to my rear end(that could be taken the wrong way) so we can make it a two car trailer. I got that Harvest Moon and Guinness waiting :rockon:

I am still trying to confence the boss at work to let me have that Sunday off. Hope y'all don't mind if any of the GA crew comes along.
So what the plan? Show up Sunday, catch a few Z's and/or fix a few V's then dyno and strip Monday?

Adam

I am still trying to confence the boss at work to let me have that Sunday off. Hope y'all don't mind if any of the GA crew comes along.
So what the plan? Show up Sunday, catch a few Z's and/or fix a few V's then dyno and strip Monday?

Adam

Should be prepping cars for the track Friday (the 19th?), running at the track Friday (tech in starts at 6, runs start at 7), probably eat somewhere after that. Saturday is either dyno and/or BBQ, followed by possibly hitting up the downtown corner meet depending on what people want to do and who's been drinking and what-not.

Saturday night will likely be the big partyish type thing, chockload of tomfoolery.

Sunday will be nice greasy hungover breakfast somewhere, fixing cars so they will make the rides home ("fixing cars so they will ______" is generally a common theme throughout the meet), and anything else.

It's usually a pretty busy weekend, but there are a few options at the times that aren't the track which we can choose from. There are excellent places to take pictures, but the "picture drive" has never really been a theme at Orlando meets of the past.

I don't know what I was thinking when I said the weekend of the 21st by the way, that makes no sense. We will have a concrete date very soon, stay tuned. Oct 19-21 is the leanings but I wouldn't quit your job to get that weekend off just yet.

GA folkers I'd say are encouraged to come, but I'm not hosting the meet this time (barring any "uh please don't come" posts, I think that's probably the general sentiment here).

Mikes both gay AND slow, i vote we lock him up for the majority of the meet.

And Jordan, Steve volvo is a bit of a horrible nightmare of pain and confussion, thus the nickname satan 40

Oh and my 240 has NOT ran since the last orlando meet. This week makes 1 year of non-running 240

Adam

Should be prepping cars for the track Friday (the 19th?), running at the track Friday (tech in starts at 6, runs start at 7), probably eat somewhere after that. Saturday is either dyno and/or BBQ, followed by possibly hitting up the downtown corner meet depending on what people want to do and who's been drinking and what-not.

Saturday night will likely be the big partyish type thing, chockload of tomfoolery.

Sunday will be nice greasy hungover breakfast somewhere, fixing cars so they will make the rides home ("fixing cars so they will ______" is generally a common theme throughout the meet), and anything else.

It's usually a pretty busy weekend, but there are a few options at the times that aren't the track which we can choose from. There are excellent places to take pictures, but the "picture drive" has never really been a theme at Orlando meets of the past.

I don't know what I was thinking when I said the weekend of the 21st by the way, that makes no sense. We will have a concrete date very soon, stay tuned. Oct 19-21 is the leanings but I wouldn't quit your job to get that weekend off just yet.

GA folkers I'd say are encouraged to come, but I'm not hosting the meet this time (barring any "uh please don't come" posts, I think that's probably the general sentiment here).

The official dates are 19/20/21 of Oct. I'd rather not have it any sooner than that, and my roommates are cool w/ it then. Meet location info is in post #2 of this thread.

People will need to be rolling out of my place on Sunday.

And anyone that comes from outside the state, I've got a spot on my floor just for you. :rofl:

Sorry guys can't make it. I'm working fulltime M-F as well as fulltime school during the week, and I just got a second job for the weekends. I'm a loser, I know. I hope you all have fun!

Sorry guys can't make it. I'm working fulltime M-F as well as fulltime school during the week, and I just got a second job for the weekends. I'm a loser, I know. I hope you all have fun!

yeah partyin with lesbians..... damn man share that ****:lol:

Central Florida Turbo has a Dyno. Prices are pretty good too!

AHA! there you are Ian ... ladies & gentlemen, i present to you the fella that told me i should join tbricks because he got tired of all my questions about modding my volvo ... and the only person i know thus far on the board, looking forward to putting faces with names at the meet...

so Ian, you gonna be around that weekend, or will you be making out with the minicooper?

AHA! there you are Ian ... ladies & gentlemen, i present to you the fella that told me i should join tbricks because he got tired of all my questions about modding my volvo ... and the only person i know thus far on the board, looking forward to putting faces with names at the meet...

so Ian, you gonna be around that weekend, or will you be making out with the minicooper?

Might be at Sebring I believe that weekend in the race car. See how daytona goes later this month. I'd love to bring the wagon out to the drags one night with everyone but It's gonna have to be on a Wednesday night. Weekends are all full from now till the end of the year.

*edit* yep confirmed it. SARRC race on the Sebring Club course. I'll be down there. Shame because I just ordered everything to get the wagon running today!

Dude, you can't just "not make it" to a meet that's 5 minutes from your damn house. If you really want to make it to the meet, you'll brave the 2 mile commute.

Two or three times that I drove 500 miles to the SE meets I was working 3-4 jobs simultaneously and going to school full time.

Turbobricks meets are about having a good time doing turbobricks stuff. If turbobricks stuff isn't your idea of a good time, then don't bother showing up. I know it'll be well worth it though.

Last edited:
Ummmmmm......hey Nick.....would open downpipe, be too "noisy" for your neighborhood?

I mean......they make downpipes alot quieter than they used to ya know.

also if i can't get off work early I'll probably be making a late entrance to the track, as usual

mike (as usual)

Back