• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

91 745 Regina NA Driveshaft type

lookforjoe

Making Volvo Parts Fit
300+ Club
Looking through the late catalog, there are the three DS types, 03 (large bearing 183265) 13 (smaller bearing 181549) and 03 Giubo.

Do late NA's still use the smaller DS, or do they also use the type 03 like the turbos?

Looking online, there seems to be no PN or supply for the smaller OD bearing carrier (to go with 181549 bearing). EDIT - found IPD carries it - 1209820)

I'm of course hoping mine has the 03, since I'm going to +T anyway. Anyone know which came with the late NA cars? I can't remember at all. Older NA's used to use the type 02 which is not listed in the catalog for 91.

I'd like to figure this out ahead of crawling under the wagon if possible

Last edited:
Well the car is also a wagon. The heaviest version of the body. So that being it's a late model I would guess that it's the large bearing. There should be a data plate on the car with the driveshaft type on it. Usually, the plate has alternator, power steering, calipers type, all the originally installed parts to the car.

Well the car is also a wagon. The heaviest version of the body. So that being it's a late model I would guess that it's the large bearing. There should be a data plate on the car with the driveshaft type on it. Usually, the plate has alternator, power steering, calipers type, all the originally installed parts to the car.

One would think. The service plate doesn't include DS - just steering gear, alt, brakes, trans, clutch, market, chassis type & option.

I'll have to get under there & measure the offset.

Back