• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

rough runnin'

wildmanben

B23F, naturally aspirated. Runs rough at idle, engine surges side to side abnormally in engine compartment and shakes the car with it, and really lacks power. Lacks so much power that the load on my alternator from turning on my electric fan will make it stumble... I've checked TPS, air mass meter is ok, and no vacuum leaks. I'm suspecting the O2 sensor because it was dropped in a pan of oil the other day... but will a bad O2 sensor cause this much trouble? Unplugging it is a good way to test, right? I was wondering about the idle air motor, but now i don't think that's it. I'll check spark and fuel too, but i checked those so recently i don't think that's the problem. Thanks!

Problem found (i think). The end of spark plug in cyllinder 3 was broken off in the plug wire, i pulled that wire and the engine still runs the same. Let's hope this is the only problem!

Back