• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

16v Turbo

So you said clutch slipping at the track? Times?

Good to see you got it all together

The clutch was slipping at the 1/8th mile track back when it was 8v. I needed the car running in 24hrs so I went to the yard Monday with VolvoXovaan (Sean) and we paid a Quitapartes (parts puller) $85 to pull a tranny and paid about $250 for the tranny, flexplate, shifter, driveshaft, and cooling lines. I also have a bet going on with Sean (L8Apeks) who will have the fastest RWD Volvo by the end of the year. So I went back to automatic so I can have a more legit Draggin' Wagn' and not have to worry about slipping clutches or breaking $900 transmissions.

Im gonna upload some pics off the camera. Standby...

Lifter problems causing no compression

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/L72nriIKSNE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/L72nriIKSNE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<embed src="http://img249.imageshack.us/flvplayer.swf?f=P63513807" width="480" height="380" allowFullScreen="true" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"/>

Uploaded with <a target='_blank' href='http://imageshack.us'>ImageShack.us</a>

Last edited:
Brand new B204FT exhaust manifold.

Too bad the oil pressure light came on today and wont go off. :grrr:

how much of a gap is there from the turbo to the strut tower? Would there be enough to have an 8v mani + yoshifab adaptor?

I guess those $400 oil lines aren't doing much for you.

Nope. You really need to just let that one go too, dude. Im not running those 204ft oil lines on this engine. The B204FT oil feed is for a banjo fitting and it actually seemed to line up just fine. The oil return pipe didnt really look like it was designed to fit the angle of the boss on the B234 block. I am gonna see what happens when I put a 16v head on a B230FT. I think the B204FT oil lines will work OK.

@ovlover: I am running a B204FT exhaust manifold. I have no idea what the clearance would be with an adaptor plate. I personally dont believe in those things at all. Its like forcing a oval peg down a square hole. However, I will tell you that the clearance between turbo compressor housing and B234F motor mount when using a B204ft exhaust manifold is VERY VERY close. Maybe a couple millimeters close. I had to grind down one of the bolt bosses to get the housing to clear and be clocked properly.

Im gonna test the oil pressure with a guage ASAP and post back with results. Its gotta be the oil pump, pressure spring, or pickup tube:

232323232%7Ffp6325%3A%3Enu%3D5992%3E%3A64%3E25%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D3286765%3A5234%3Bnu0mrj

you have to make power to break em 'air manual transmissions. if its going to be making power, hope you at least did the accum mod, or you'll be back out there pulling another auto shortly.

you have to make power to break em 'air manual transmissions. if its going to be making power, hope you at least did the accum mod, or you'll be back out there pulling another auto shortly.

I really only went back to auto to get the car on the road since I snapped my M90 shift linkage on the test fire. :grrr:

The pressure plate I had was glazed to a mirror finish, the flywheel was similar, and the clutch disc was at about 50% and less than a year old. I need a performance 940 pressure plate and a performance 850 clutch disc to even consider taking it back to the track. Last time I was there is was slipping like a mofo and I was only doing mid 9's in the 1/8th.

Nope. You really need to just let that one go too, dude. Im not running those 204ft oil lines on this engine. The B204FT oil feed is for a banjo fitting and it actually seemed to line up just fine. The oil return pipe didnt really look like it was designed to fit the angle of the boss on the B234 block. I am gonna see what happens when I put a 16v head on a B230FT. I think the B204FT oil lines will work OK.

@ovlover: I am running a B204FT exhaust manifold. I have no idea what the clearance would be with an adaptor plate. I personally dont believe in those things at all. Its like forcing a oval peg down a square hole. However, I will tell you that the clearance between turbo compressor housing and B234F motor mount when using a B204ft exhaust manifold is VERY VERY close. Maybe a couple millimeters close. I had to grind down one of the bolt bosses to get the housing to clear and be clocked properly.

Im gonna test the oil pressure with a guage ASAP and post back with results. Its gotta be the oil pump, pressure spring, or pickup tube:

http://images5b.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp6325%3A%3Enu%3D5992%3E%3A64%3E25%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D3286765%3A5234%3Bnu0mr[/QUOTE]

i was just curius if there was enough clearence between the turbo and strut tower to run an 8v mani + adaptor. 204FTs are non existant in aus, and for that i highly doubt the possibility of ordering one, and i dont want to get a custom mani. This may seem obvious, but everything besides the mani, is all 230FT items yes? What you have is EXACTLY what i want with mine. It looks awsome!

Back