• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

940 trunk spoiler, 850 option?

Chumley360

I've been reading through the threads on trunk spoilers and there are mixed feelings on whether or not an 850 trunk spoiler fits. Some say the center post is molded down too low, resulting in the ends sitting up too high, others say there's zero fitment issue. Thanks to the "Great PB image purge" all the threads saying it fits have dead images.

If it really is just that the center post needs to be cut down so the ends sit flush, this shouldn't be too bad of a fix. In theory I should just be able to remove the necessary material, apply some epoxy to the relieved area, and go. Is there something else that would be problematic here? I can't imagine it's a tremendous amount of
material being removed or is it so much that the 3rd brake light would be the issue? Also it seems like everyone is all crazy for the R spoiler, is it just the extra detail on this, or is there a fitment difference between the regular and R units? If anyone can post up a working pic of one mounted to a 9-series that would be helpful as well. Thanks

Why not just run the 9 series sedan spoiler? I did once see an 850 sedan in the PullAPart, and it appeared close but slightly different style (center light different). I have the MOHA factory 9 spoiler on the DD, and I think it makes all the difference for the sedan.

Not long ago a left coast seller had one FS..... and I have the attachment parts/wiring harness I pulled.

Good luck with the 850 route.

Mostly I was interested in this because of the back and forth I was finding in forums threads. Secondly the 9-series spoilers have been tough to come by(I'm at about 4:1 with the 8-series). Lastly when they do pop up they're either ridiculously expensive or just ridiculously expensive to ship. So I figured I'd see about getting some of the overlooked details or a working pic from one of the "they fit" crowd. But I got pretty lucky and a forum member reached out with a good deal on a 9-series spoiler, so I bought it.

Still I'd be pretty interested to see just how one fits and what had to be done to fit it.

Say what?

picture.php

picture.php

Back