• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

AEM wideband install

SoniX

Hello

Just got a AEM wideband, im just looking for some help with the wiring.

Anyone installed one before?

any help appreciated

Do you have a multimeter? As ^ said, it is fairly simple, but only if you have some basic background in auto electronics. If you don't know anything about hooking up 12V wiring, I would find a friend who does. If you don't have one of those, report back and we can help you get through it.

what model Volvo? On my 740, H/L switch is the easiest source. I used the LOtech pod

index.php

WBO2 controller (+) feed (red) attached to Bl/Ylw wire at H/L switch. Ground wire connected to foglight switch ground

PXL-20210716-202930219.jpg

Put the sensor far enough downstream so you don't **** it up

PXL-20210819-214304366.jpg

I put it closer first, and the sensor died within 1K miles

index.php

Last edited:
I also tapped into the HL switch for power.

I do however have the sensor before the bend, as in the photo above, and it's been working fine for more than 2 years / >40k miles.

what model Volvo? On my 740, H/L switch is the easiest source. I used the LOtech pod

index.php

PXL-20210716-202930219.jpg

Put the sensor far enough downstream so you don't **** it up

PXL-20210819-214304366.jpg

index.php

very helpful thanks

I have one too...drilled and welded bung into my dp, wired through grommet in firewall, tapped for power at the headlight switch like others, have my sensor at top of dp before it curves down

I also tapped into the HL switch for power.

I do however have the sensor before the bend, as in the photo above, and it's been working fine for more than 2 years / >40k miles.

The factory WBO2 on my C30 T5 isn't further downstream than that either - which is why I put it there. AEM won't warranty a sensor placed this close though - they want it 18 or more inches downstream, even though the sensor harness isn't that long....

If you have a stereo in the car, ground the wideband at the battery for a better chance of not hearing the ignition through your speakers. You still might though.

they won't last a terribly long time if you heat up the sensor before cold starting the engine a bunch of times. I recommend tapping into the fuel pump power at the fuse panel if you can.

Back