home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > Mechanical > performance & modifications

Old 07-31-2020, 06:12 PM   #1
G-Tech 940
Board Member

Default How do I install a Manual Boost Controller and Elec. Boost Gauge?

Where do I plumb these things in? They both came with instructions and I have watched videos but I don't know where to put them. Some guy put the gauge on his brake booster hose!? How is that supposed to read the turbo pressure?

As far as I can tell, I plumb the MBC between the nipple that is on the compressor housing (lower left) and the wastegate actuator (which is the gold coloured thing on the bottom, correct?)

Where does the boost gauge get plumbed in? Can I T-into the blue line going from compressor blowoff valve(??) to intake manifold? Does it go on the same line as the MBC? All the instructions say is "boost line" which is a term I have never heard, I thought they were vacuum lines?
G-Tech 940 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 06:27 PM   #2
VB242
F*ck 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Tech 940 View Post
Where do I plumb these things in? They both came with instructions and I have watched videos but I don't know where to put them. Some guy put the gauge on his brake booster hose!? How is that supposed to read the turbo pressure?

As far as I can tell, I plumb the MBC between the nipple that is on the compressor housing (lower left) and the wastegate actuator (which is the gold coloured thing on the bottom, correct?)

Where does the boost gauge get plumbed in? Can I T-into the blue line going from compressor blowoff valve(??) to intake manifold? Does it go on the same line as the MBC? All the instructions say is "boost line" which is a term I have never heard, I thought they were vacuum lines?
They are vacuum lines until you're in boost then they're boost lines. You can tee off any vacuum nipple on the manifold that's past the throttle plate . Gold thing is waste gate actuator, should come off the side of the mbc, line from nipple on turbo outlet goes to bottom of mbc.

Booty Scooty
https://youtu.be/i4oAOZ8nbq4
VB242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 06:53 PM   #3
G-Tech 940
Board Member

thank you very much!
G-Tech 940 is offline   Reply With Quote