• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

First rip around town in the V8 244!

It's definitely not "fast" by modern performance car/turbo V8 standards, but it'll chooch right along and happily scare the **** out of any passenger.

It's definitely not "fast" by modern performance car/turbo V8 standards, but it'll chooch right along and happily scare the **** out of any passenger.

My TPI SBC 740 (240 hp/300+ tq) is like that. With the 3.73, it feels great around town, makes glorious noises and has more power than I can use responsibly. It cruises at 80 mph with no issue. Since it?s not a powerhouse, I?ve never broken anything. It stops, turns, goes pretty good and still makes me smile after 15 years. I guess if I was still young and adrenaline deficient I would turbo it or upgrade to an LS.

I do remember it being really lush in NC. That kudzu is unreal. I went back to the booming town of Hayesville to visit my great uncle back in 1972. It was a different world compared to the bay area CA.

I do remember it being really lush in NC. That kudzu is unreal. I went back to the booming town of Hayesville to visit my great uncle back in 1972. It was a different world compared to the bay area CA.

Hayesville is the next town west of me. There's a guy there who specializes in restoring vintage Volvos and Porsches. We went over there to check out his P1900 for the first MountainMeet.

There are a few photos here: http://turbobricks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=313292

Back