• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

740 '91 740T Speedometer Working Intermittently

Studie

I have a 91 740T, finally got around to spending sometime to doing some work on it.
Noticed the speedometer works sometimes and doesn't work sometimes.
I've reflowed all the solder joints and still hasn't solved the problem.

Any idea where to fix or look at?

Thanks!

You might want to check the condition of the wiring at the speed sensor on the rear diff to see if it might have a break in it and is making contact intermittently. Had the same car and the wiring was in poor condition and the same problem when I bought it.

I'll check that! Thanks for the heads-up. Is it something to do with the wiring getting old/worn out? Or the sensor needing a replace>?

I had to replace the sensor terminal plug on one of our 245's, the wire broke at the plug for the sensor. It was on and off for a while,but finally quit. The wire insulation fell apart as typical of the other wires on the cars [soy based?]. The sensor was fine.

I have a 91 740T, finally got around to spending sometime to doing some work on it.
Noticed the speedometer works sometimes and doesn't work sometimes.
I've reflowed all the solder joints and still hasn't solved the problem.

Any idea where to fix or look at?

Thanks!

The speedometer itself requires repair. I think this the place that many people have sent their speedometers to. https://dnaspeedometers.com/services/speedometers/

Back