• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Project Swedish Pony Car (242tic)

wow... this car is really coming along nicely.

are you going to give the engine a good detail? i think i see a squirrel's nest in near the oil stick. :)

but seriously.. looks good!

Actually, I think it was more of a hornet nest! While the engine is out it is going to under go my showcar treatment...ie hours of standing infront of my bead blaster cleaning parts. Why put something back together dirty?

Thanks for the complements, I'm really excited about it!

Well, the motor is out of the parts car and is down to a short block as of tonight.

The volvo god's have shined upon me, this motor has nothing but all original hone marks still, no boring for me!!

Heres some pictures:

BTW: anyone intrested in the speedo cluster for this car, complete w/ white face gauges? I picked up a 120 speedo and am going to use that one instead.

Well, things are moving along nicely. I finally got everything into the machine shop today. I should have the block back early next week, but the head will take another week or so. I'm turning my machine shop guy loose on it, I told him "I don't care what you do, I trust you just make it faster!".

Course, as I'm walking in he's re-tunning the jets on a 502 powered 55 chevy and he's always done killer work (including some HOT 4 cly' motors) so I'm way excited.

Ordered my cam, the VX from www.ipdusa.com and it should be here soon. My machinist is actually going to do the shimming on it for me, can't beat that.

Almost there, another two weeks and the motor will be back together and I'll be ready to start tearing into the 242t. I'm shooting for having the car complete and running by the end of next month.

Doug

I think ipd must know my adress by heart by now. Cam and gear came in today. Went straight to my machine shop, he's going to set my valve lash while he's at it.

I get the motor back from the hot tank tomorrow, just waiting on my rebuild kit and then I'll assemble the short block. It's getting there. Will most likely have my seats this weekend, or atleast ordered.

I might take this nice 3 day weekend to finish up my last side project (non-car related) and just relax. I'll probably put in a few hours at the bead blaster though, cleaning engine parts and such.

Well, not strickly performance related but I bought most of the stereo for the car tonight. After an hour long ordeal with best buy, I walked out with a (new) pioneer 6400, 200w pioneer amp and a 10" kenwood sub. I was going to get 4" kenwood 2 ways, but they were out of stock.

Oh well, I'll post a picture tomorrow hopefully. I left my dig-cam at work.

Back