home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > Mechanical > performance & modifications

Old 08-20-2004, 03:05 AM   #1
Tilstar
Board Member

Default Turbo Timer with A/F Function.

Hey, just bought an APEXI turbo timer. It has an A/F function, but needs to be hooked up to the NB O2 sensor? Came with diagrams for all Jap ECUs, but none for the Volvo. Can anyone tell me where the 02 sensor plugs into my ECU????
Tilstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 03:07 AM   #2
The Aspirator
It's a girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilstar
Hey, just bought an APEXI turbo timer. It has an A/F function, but needs to be hooked up to the NB O2 sensor? Came with diagrams for all Jap ECUs, but none for the Volvo. Can anyone tell me where the 02 sensor plugs into my ECU????
First find the O2 sensor. It's in the exhaust obviously . It's either got a single wire (tap into it) or probably a 3 wire connector. Two of the wires are heater wires, the other one is the signal. If I remember correctly, the heater wires are both white, while the signal is black... Not positive.

That's it. These things sound like fun, too bad I'm way too cheap to fork up the $100 for one.

John
The Aspirator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 03:16 AM   #3
adrianpike
🔥

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Aspirator
First find the O2 sensor. It's in the exhaust obviously . It's either got a single wire (tap into it) or probably a 3 wire connector. Two of the wires are heater wires, the other one is the signal. If I remember correctly, the heater wires are both white, while the signal is black... Not positive.
Tap into it on the outside of the firewall. At least on my car, it became a coaxial cable on the inside of the firewall, one going to the O2 sensor and the other to ground. It was plenty fun cutting into it, and realizing that it was coax, and that I was going to have a hell of a time fixing it. Although it could be that my car is abnormal, so check first.
Have fun with the turbo timer, if I ever make boost, I'll have to get one, because my patience is pretty nonexistent.

I'm looking to buy, PM me if you've got any of it: LS bits, 93 850 bumper, ford 8.8", T5 WC, T56, Mustang IRS

Adrian is omniscient, you will never escape his wrath. - 500dollar744ti

doug was here
adrianpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 03:52 AM   #4
The Aspirator
It's a girl!

Yeah when I first cut into mine many many months ago, I was like WTF? What's this outer layer of wire strands? I don't get it. Took me a while to realize what was going on and how to do it properly. I think the coax (shielded) cable is a thick green one, so you just want to splice into the thin black one near the O2 sensor.

John
The Aspirator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 01:02 AM   #5
PFunk242
Board Member

I have that same turbo timer and I am atempting to figure out what wire is what of teh main three since i can't just buy a harness like they sugest to do in the directions. Anyone knwo what one is what?

Fenton Beech
Akron, Ohio
1996 BMW 328 i
1990 VW GTI Shell soon to be 16v T
1996 Subaru Legacy wagon
1987 Pontiac Fireo
"Catholic school girls are just like volvos, conservative on the outside, but a wild ride on the inside"
PFunk242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 03:53 AM   #6
Tilstar
Board Member

Thanks for the tips boys.
Tilstar is offline   Reply With Quote