• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

B230FT sheetmetal intake (2016-2021 bump)

That does fit in there really good. The dipstick thing is common on all installs. Just a little push back and it usually bolts right back up

Thankyou again for working with me on this challenge, amazing what can be pulled off with some emails and a tape measure!

Hi Nathan,
I'm about to install the intake, but I think i'm missing a piece of the puzzle, to be more specific the little bracket that places the throttle linkage a cm or two more towards the firewall.
So I was wondering if you could provide me some suggested dimensions to make one myself.
I'm also not sure how to mount the cruise bracket you included. Do I mount it on top of the throttle linkage?
Regards,
Yothi

Nathan - do you have a recommendation for a 90mm TB that can accept the Volvo TPS? I'm thinking of opening up my inlet - I'm only running a modified 3" (housing) Volvo TB currently

IMG_1588.jpg

IMG_1589.jpg

90mm is huge! My 2j is running a 70mm. The larger you get the worse off idle resolution is. Any data to move to such a larger blade?

90mm is huge! My 2j is running a 70mm. The larger you get the worse off idle resolution is. Any data to move to such a larger blade?

OK - I'll leave it as is - I have enough problems with idle AFR's with the 1000cc injectors, warmup part throttle, etc., ;) My measured EBR is under 1:1, even at 26psi (PTE6262bb), so flow through doesn't seem to be an issue...

It came to mind as I added the 2.75" 960 TB to my stroked 1.6L X1/9 (LH2.2/EZK117), and it was a night & day improvement over the T5 throttle plate I had previously modded the stock inlet passage for

A050ECAD-ACEC-49E0-AAD6-E8350D612F14_zpsshhstqyw.jpg

so, I started thinking maybe 2.75" wasn't enough for the wagon.....

Yes, I will still be doing intakes. Just taking a small break till about September when my 240 gets done

I think the intake always gets the biggest Wow when I open my hood. It's just really impressive looking.

Oh and the car rips up top now, I guess that matters :p

I have just purchased a B230FT with these spec's

(B230FKBlock with 30 tho overbore
Mahle Turbo pistons
Balanced crank.
KGTrimning KG2T camshaft
Big valve head Inlet 44mm/outlet 40mm.
Rebuilt Mitusubishi TD05-12B.
Electronic distributors to suit Mega Squirt ECU system.
MS3 Pro MegaSquirt ECU and wiring harness
GM 3 bar Map Sensor and analogue gauge

I would like to upgrade to one of these intake manifiolds so can i be next on the list please?

Back