• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Porsche Cayenne brakes on a 240? Sure

Yes the triangle is coming out.
DSC_9047.jpg

They're there. Hiding. Waiting.
DSC_9053.jpg

What triangles are we talking about there? seen that somewhere in other posts too...

Other than that it looks really good! Will be considering something like that whenever i need better brakes

Cheers, Adam

If you're in the UK you won't have triangles. It's an add-on thing for the US market. In a pretty solid rear hit, as the rear end crumples, the triangle moves forward and connects with an ear bolted onto the rear caliper. This ties the rear subframe into the axle, and transmits some of the force forward through the suspension arms into the passenger cabin. In theory, helping keep the gas tank from being so forcefully mashed into the rear axle.

They're just bolted onto the rear subframing along side the gas tank on both sides.

Is that specific to Volvo, or a result of Nadar-inspired legislation for fuel tank protection across all cars?

I'm in for the adapters when you do a run. Might be in for 2 sets, I will always have 240's around.

Nice work as always, and finally a good solution for the rear that retains the parking brake function.

I'd be interested in that measurement. Then see f someone with an R conversion could do the same. Or I'll measure on the next R that comes through the shop

The front S60R Brembo caliper will measure 24 mm further outboard compared to a stock 240 caliper. My guess is that the Porsche Brembo will measure within a couple millimeters of that.
Dave B.

The front S60R Brembo caliper will measure 24 mm further outboard compared to a stock 240 caliper. My guess is that the Porsche Brembo will measure within a couple millimeters of that.
Dave B.

The caliper is 65mm from the face of the disc to the outer face of the caliper. I don't have a 240 caliper sitting around to compare against.

In germany the VW Touareg Calipers are cheaper and are the same as Porsche Cayenne and Audi Q7...
So you guys can save a few dollars on the calipers if th VW Calipers are cheaper in the USA too

Regards,
Max

Good point about 1/2 the price on ebay

Might be a dumb question. Would these clear 16" wheels ie geminis
They will not clear 16" wheels.

In germany the VW Touareg Calipers are cheaper and are the same as Porsche Cayenne and Audi Q7...
So you guys can save a few dollars on the calipers if th VW Calipers are cheaper in the USA too

Regards,
Max
Yep, that was the original search. Touareg is the best to search for I think.

lol they're big!
You're. Chris!

Well, here's a 17" FWD (43mm offset) wheel with a 25mm spacer. Clears, just barely. This will be my new spare tire/wheel.
15987_10101474519542979_1788900423_n.jpg

Back