• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Help identify this 240!

244GT

Hey all, long time lurker, first time poster here. I recently picked up a 240 that to the best of my knowledge someone modified around 2006-2010. Vintage stickers underhood are a dead giveaway, as well as a cam I have yet to identify once it gets warm that picks up like no ones business above 3k. My main question is, does the turbobricks hivemind know who owned this car and if they were a forum member? I have lots of documentation and am really curious as to the cars history and an hoping to start a rolling restoration on it, and I think it would be best to see it on here way back when.

About this car:
It's a 1989 240 DL sedan with an M47. From 2012 to 2020 it sat at a shop in Bristol, VA with no transmission in it (previous owner used 2nd gear as a hand rest then abandoned the car over a $60 diagnosis fee). As best I can tell from receipts before this, the car always lived in Virginia Kind of rare in that it's got an M47 but is LH2.4 instead of 3.1. I'll attempt to post pictures and if there's any info that could help ID it as a forum member's car just ask and I'll let you know. Thank you all so much!

http://imgur.com/gallery/bdBs2Kn

Photo link goes to a blank page. Anyway, you might send a PM to 240 JAH and see if he knows who owned it. He's in the Roanoke area of VA... Cam might be either a K or an H, if factory Volvo. Those usually start pulling hard around 2000 rpm or higher.

LH 2.4 M47 cars aren't that rare, btw. If I remember correctly, LH 3.1 didn't come out until 1990.

Back