• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Gas problem

Switch to e85, if your siphoning gas your car probably isn't flex fuel compatible.

Or disconnect the filler neck, cap it off and buy another filler neck and route it down into the spare tire well to **** with them. Eventually they will give up and just drill a whole in your tank

Now thats a good Idea. I wouldnt mind even putting a fuel cell in the trunk.

Heres the sad part. It doesnt happen at home it happens at work. Im a Pastor a church in a rough neighborhood. I have a guy now that stays outside watching. But know he cant do that all the time. Happens on Sunday nights, we run late on Sundays, my son has a 240 too and last time they got mine and his. Ive been keeping cars around 1/4 tank which is hard getting gas everyday. But the alarm system is probably the wise choice. I have bought me an 03 ford truck for now that I drive at night. The fuel cell would take alot of work with pumps and guage and all. Im temped to modify the door for a padlock on both cars. Cant believe they dont make a quality locking gas cap.

Heres the sad part. It doesnt happen at home it happens at work. I Pastor a church in a rough neighborhood. I have a guy now that stays outside watching. But, I know he cant do that all the time. Happens on Sunday nights, we run late on Sunday night. My son has a 240 too and last time they got Both cars. Ive been trying to keep cars around 1/4 tank which is hard. getting gas everyday. The alarm system is probably the best choice. I have bought me a 03 ford truck for now that I drive at night. The fuel cell would take alot of work with pumps and guage and all. Im temped to modify the door for a padlock on both cars. Cant believe they dont make a quality locking gas caps.

It well all work out one way or
Another

anti syphon spring

Hello
back in the day - there was a conical spring that people put in the filler neck
that would not allow a syphon hose to be inserted - my 67 122 has one - sorry to hear you have to deal with such a situation

da hell?
Isn't gas dirt cheap out in the middle anyway right now during the 'rona?
At least steal something that is maybe valuable no?
Huffing all those fumes maybe clouds judgement a bit...

Anti siphon spring?

Convert to propane, dodge road tax and emissions and dirty oil while you're at it?

It's stupid cheap up in Superior, WI where the giant refinery is...

Just seems like a lot of effort...gas was under $1 for a while during corona out in parts of the middle.
Going to all the effort/risk to steal $4-5 of gas once a week?
I remember when gas hit almost $5 and it really did go a little crazy.

Last edited:
Convert your car to electric - no gas to steal.

Real solution though;
Get a little round mesh grille (or cut one to fit) and stuff it a little ways down the fill neck. Anyone trying to siphon won't be able to get the tube far enough down to pick anything up.

Park one 240 with 1/4 tank of gas. Park the other 240 a little away and wait inside with a couple of baseball bats.

Hello
back in the day - there was a conical spring that people put in the filler neck
that would not allow a syphon hose to be inserted - my 67 122 has one - sorry to hear you have to deal with such a situation

This.
It?s relatively easy to pull the filler neck on a 240.

Well problem has stopped but I have a feeling when daylight time changes it will start again. I have a few ideas plus I’m running e85 now. Thanks for advice

Back