• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

cutting TME front springs

i will probaly be corrected, but dosen't the TME spring lower your car about 1-1.5 inches. do you mean ontop of what the springs already lower your car?

I might do this on Wednesday or Tuesday, I just put the TME springs on my 744 and it's not low enough for my taste. I'll let you know.

I cut ~1 coil off some 1.5" lowering springs on my 240. Probably dropped it maybe an inch? Its ok, but if you can fork out for some new springs you will probably be better off.

i will probaly be corrected, but dosen't the TME spring lower your car about 1-1.5 inches. do you mean ontop of what the springs already lower your car?
Yes, the car is lowered about 1.25 inches at all corners. I am looking to even out the ride hight, The front sits a bit high for my taste.

I cut ~1 coil off some 1.5" lowering springs on my 240. Probably dropped it maybe an inch? Its ok, but if you can fork out for some new springs you will probably be better off.
I just bought these last year and I'm sure people cut them on 240's. Before I ditch these, I'll try to make them work. Thank you for the reply, I'll keep the 1 to 1 ratio in mind.

Good luck...those sport springs are typically progressive springs...cutting them may give you the look,,,but not the ride. Also, the lowering height they perform is for a reason...much lower and you have no more suspension motion. I'm thinking you may want to look into coil overs....that's the best way to really dump your car...good luck!!

Good luck...those sport springs are typically progressive springs...cutting them may give you the look,,,but not the ride. Also, the lowering height they perform is for a reason...much lower and you have no more suspension motion. I'm thinking you may want to look into coil overs....that's the best way to really dump your car...good luck!!
I highly doubt the TME springs are progressive. I know what you mean though.

The TME springs are not progressive. And you won't gain anything from coilovers besides adjustment if you are using the stock struts.

Back