• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

The V8 245

I'm pretty sure Sean has one.
And you will still need to pull the axles to install the longer studs. Not that it's hard to do, just saying.

Yes, Ill ask him

Thanks

Wiring harness is almost finished. having the driveline made should be done soon. Need to figure out the lowkar shifter solution. I'm modifying the truck intake for cosmetics and clearance for the hood.

Is that blue push lock hose to braided SS? Why did you choose to do it that way?

What size AN fitting did you weld onto the Volvo sending unit and what size fuel lines did you use? Thanks!

Worked on the rear Brakes today, I will finished the fronts tomorrow. I also picked up the driveline from the driveline shop. I still need to pull the motor again work finished up from work in the engine bay.

Pulled the motor back out because I couldn't stand the yellowish white of the paint from all of the oil cooked over the years. So I hand polished the engine bay. It's not perfect but looks better than it did just power washed. The motor is back in the car.

Did buy a set of BMW style 42s

Last edited:
Bought adjustable pan rod and torque rods installed them today. Driveline is in, still need to work on the transmission lines and transmission cooler. Bought a brand nos coolant bottle and bracket. I was surprised the dealer still had them available.

Good choice on the manifolds, i hate headers with an undying passion. Also keeps you from burning and melting things. Clean swap, so the holly pan fit no issue? I used a holly when I did the LQ4 swap on my B-body olds, the truck pan the F body pan etc etc, no stock pan would fit without cutting or welding something or without it hanging under the Kmember, not an option. There are 2 holly pans, one had a flatter front sump section but still both low profile pans, both have a baffle in em, 5 or 5.5 quart pans, fit real nice.

Hope you dont have issues with the stock 240 center support. I had problems with I had my T5 trans and a slip yoke, the center support would walk in and out and it would basically destroy itself. I had to goto a 740 style center support which was a rigid setup, and make a bracket for it. It was pretty easy, but remember the front of that driveshaft is supposed to be bolted rigidly to a flange and the rear section slips...this way you have both sections slipping, may not work so well. And yeah that engine bay cleaned up nice...looks good dude!

Hey. I just stumbled across this. I ordered one of your remaining mount sets this week. I'm way behind you.

http://www.turbobricks.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5129931

Is that a/c bracket the truck bracket?

Are you using the GM power steering pump?

Yes I'm using the GM a/c truck bracket, and the GM power steering bracket/pump.

I'm going to be using also the truck intake manifold, I cut all of the fins off the manifold. I will post pictures of the progress.

If anyone is interested we can offer wiring harness, It will be a direct plug and play for a 240

Back