• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

EV turbobrick - the turbobrick way?

Remember cooling isnt so much of a concern anyway if he cared about 20 points of efficiency.... these are all turbobricks bricks way issue :lol: and that still doesn't address my inverter that has the highest power density on market and can run at that level all day.[/QUOTE]

If you're building a EV just for drag racing, cooling is not a great concern.
If you actually tried to drive that system on the road, or over a mountain pass....

[IMG]https://www.wardsauto.com/sites/wardsauto.com/files/styles/article_featured_retina/public/Tesla%20Model%20S%20fire.jpg?itok=O--mfhC3

I cant see the photo is waay to big for the pages here....Duh that's no eureka news. And since he can have great cooling and that def applies also to the cheap ass chineese **** he's being shown. He's building an efficient commuter now for 2-3k ? I really cant wait to see the turboricks way on that when the scooter package is 3500.00 :lol: What I suggest if you can read is exactly a EV for track fun and the most bang for his buck. So still no issues then...you just said that yourself....

Have you ever tried oil cooling one? That'd be a fun little project. Potentially increase the time at peak load a bit. ATF is a great cooling media, the only issue is oil shear at the rotor/stator. So dry sump, forced oil cooling and keep them windings cool.

Why reinvent the wheel when you can buy the liquid cooled version for ~$750 directly from the company?
Same internal windings and geometry as the aircooeld version (yay for not tuning another motor!), just a cooling jacket. It only needs ~ 6L/min of water flow and a dirt bike radiator to run at full load at 100%DC

http://www.motenergy.com/mepmwaco.html

My motor that does this is a piece rewound china iron that cost me 50 dollars. So quite naturally If I build a motor this size at 50 times the cost certainly much longer than 2 min which is all the curtis drive for it is rated for.... at that level. :lol: The things a piece of junk bro. hes doing nothing impressive at 30kw. My brushless models can this peak this power and will beat it in any quarter mile race. With my cooling I can surpass anything that alibaba does. How long can the motor form Alibaba run at 30,000 rpm? So this huge thing is pathetic in comparison with much less torque density and power density.

You said my motor only can make this power because of duty cycle and thats totally incorrect. You haven't a clue what my carrier frequency is timing or anything else.

The china motor (ME1507) doesn't need to spin 30k RPM for it to make that power, that's why it's so great.
It also has a shaft that fits common v-belt pullies, so you could easily use it to add some extra oomph into ICE when needed.

That's why I was showing that motor. There's also some smaller ones that would fit better, and would probably be more than adequate for giving a t-bricker an extra 30hp for a few seconds, or 15hp until the batteries run out.

Hubert, are you taking into account the cooling energy used into your motor efficiency calculations?

Because liquid cooling cant compare to cryogenic cooling it which will produce much more throughput power. Your questions are telling Cullberro. I hope you realize this.

The most powerful machines in the world are superconducting HTS cryogenically cooled machines they power **** like carriers for years....

He can bring it in for less than 700.00 dollars.

When are you going the post the price of what you think is a suitable EV because the one cmpany he only gets 35kw for 2500.00

Because liquid cooling cant compare to cryogenic cooling it which will produce much more throughput power. Your questions are telling Cullberro. I hope you realize this.

YOU KEEP FAILING TO ANSWER SIMPLE QUESTIONS!!!!!

You're motor is only hitting it's efficiency curves because you're not including the multiple kW needed for cooling! (at least that's my educated assumption)

If you included the power needed for cooling and for cryo, you're total system efficiency becomes complete dog sh!t.

Power needed for cryo u mean a purge solenoid :lol: space age what power consumption... U just quoted the answer why do that instead of 700 for a fukn water jacket..... It consumes power because it need a pump to work and a radiator.... and will NEVER reach that level of cooling.

Power needed for cryo u mean a purge solenoid :lol: space age what power consumption... U just quoted the answer why do that instead of 700 for a fukn water jacket..... It consumes power because it need a pump to work and a radiator.... and will NEVER reach that level of cooling.

No genius, I'm talking about the stored energy inside the cryo fluid that you are releasing to the environment to cool your e-motor.

Sir he releases Oxygen or C02 for the reaction do you suppose when you purge nitrous at the track or breath out of your mouth the tree huggers come out in groves? Your arguments are getting ridiculous again. And what you are showing me is that you are not an engineer or fully versed on the newest methods of cooling high performance motors.

Do you understand that gas is a form of liquid and when you release it from high pressure to low rapidly is what creates the cooling reaction. Damn bro....:party:

Why reinvent the wheel when you can buy the liquid cooled version for ~$750 directly from the company?
Same internal windings and geometry as the aircooeld version (yay for not tuning another motor!), just a cooling jacket. It only needs ~ 6L/min of water flow and a dirt bike radiator to run at full load at 100%DC

http://www.motenergy.com/mepmwaco.html

Might be a fun experiment to dissect one. With a lot of the OEM motors that I've dissected for research, the jet locations can be better placed and sized for better function, through shaft cooling is also fun and limits heat soak on hot shutdown with the rotor staying at more even temps, and aids in bearing cooling. We've played with lots of styles of cooling and going from oil flooded to forced oil with either dry sumps or self contained wet sumps gives off great results on duty cycle limitations.

If that motor can live through that kind of abuse, I think that is a surprisingly well cooled machine... so yeah, treat that one like a sore pp and dont fuk wit it.

Sir he releases Oxygen or C02 for the reaction do you suppose when you purge nitrous at the track or breath out of your mouth the tree huggers come out in groves? Your arguments are getting ridiculous again. And what you are showing me is that you are not an engineer or fully versed on the newest methods of cooling high performance motors.

Do you understand that gas is a form of liquid and when you release it from high pressure to low rapidly is what creates the cooling reaction. Damn bro....

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Might be a fun experiment to dissect one. With a lot of the OEM motors that I've dissected for research, the jet locations can be better placed and sized for better function, through shaft cooling is also fun and limits heat soak on hot shutdown with the rotor staying at more even temps, and aids in bearing cooling. We've played with lots of styles of cooling and going from oil flooded to forced oil with either dry sumps or self contained wet sumps gives off great results on duty cycle limitations.

If that motor can live through that kind of abuse, I think that is a surprisingly well cooled machine... so yeah, treat that one like a sore pp and dont fuk wit it.

Oil cooling would definitely be desirable if we were needing to run it harder.
The ME motors are severely under rated, and they take a crazy amount of abuse.

The aircooled ME1507 we've ran at 3500rpm at 120C (varying load, but basically max current to keep it from overheating) for over 300-400hrs at this point. For a $700 cheap Chinese motor, I'm super impressed!

Do you understand that gas is a form of liquid and when you release it from high pressure to low rapidly is what creates the cooling reaction. Damn bro....:party:

And how much power is consumed in the recompression of this gas? Or is this a wasted system? Are we moving forward to adding unnecessary complexity, and potentially harmful things to the brick so it will go up in flames faster or just to offer a complete burn?

How? oil cooling is inferior to ferrofluid cooling an dstill requires a pump do you want to see that paper? Oil will not come close to the same level of increasing the motors thermal conductivity. Also a jacket only cools the exterior of the motor it wont assist in getting past the natural insulator an "air" gap creates. The kids riding e bikes have already had this lesson.

For a strip car you dont re condense anything what are you talking about CD? Do you re condense pressurized nitrous bottles on the fly? And if it was a commuter which he wont build for 3000 have ever hear of a compressor....u know like for an AC... u just compressC02

party-smiley.gif

Im leaving because the slips are showing again.

Ill return when something of significant substance is posted again.

Last edited:
Oil cooling would definitely be desirable if we were needing to run it harder.
The ME motors are severely under rated, and they take a crazy amount of abuse.

The aircooled ME1507 we've ran at 3500rpm at 120C (varying load, but basically max current to keep it from overheating) for over 300-400hrs at this point. For a $700 cheap Chinese motor, I'm super impressed!

Thats awesome. We've been getting into some reselling stuff lately to help distribution of BW's OTS products. Playing around with some of these drive units is fun. With the right cooling capacity on the end users side, they do pretty good. Good enough for a solid track day. The 12k rpm and 8:1 reduction make it a great option for some decently heavy vehicles, and with the right stuff the peak torque continues way up in the revs. The cost is also nice for a box that accepts XC90 halfshafts and weighs in under 200# with fluids. We have a few guys working out an inverter arrangement that will put this as an all in one. Just attach the DC bus, and drop some axles on it.

attachment.php

Its a shame when you've been shown something a month ago and cant accept it so you find an inferior implementation of it you find more interesting because you simply have no shackles you can put on my knowledge in the subjects at hand. Why do 2 assemblers believe they know more than me about this anyway?

attachment.php

And you think a fkn external jacket that can be turned on granny's lathe and cools nothing but the exterior of the stator is interesting

Yall slow...later​

Last edited:
The cost is also nice for a box that accepts XC90 halfshafts and weighs in under 200# with fluids. We have a few guys working out an inverter arrangement that will put this as an all in one. Just attach the DC bus, and drop some axles on it.

That's awesome for a complete packaged deal.

I can't wait for more companies to start offering the controller integrated into the motor.
Currently, packaging everything into a tight space is challenging. Then there's the assembly and cost of the wiring and extra brackets, etc.

How? oil cooling is inferior to ferrofluid cooling an dstill requires a pump do you want to see that paper? Oil will not come close to the same level of increasing the motors thermal conductivity. Also a jacket only cools the exterior of the motor it wont assist in getting past the natural insulator an "air" gap creates. The kids riding e bikes have already had this lesson.

For a strip car you dont re condense anything what are you talking about CD? Do you re condense pressurized nitrous bottles on the fly? And if it was a commuter which he wont build for 3000 have ever hear of a compressor....u know like for an AC... u just compressC02

party-smiley.gif

Im leaving because the slips are showing again.

Ill return when something of significant substance is posted again.

No need to get your panties twisted so early bro.

So you want a wasted system... every 10 runs hes out 40 bucks. Not much left in the budget to keep covering that.

Yep, I've heard of compressors... generally they take energy to function.

Oil pumps.. yep, they take energy as well, and while there is loss, I wouldn't go as far as saying its as much as say and AC compressor.

Just like an ac genius but only the turbobrick way is proud to make power without one....LOL and still poor ass external case cooling with oil is antiquated bro. Again what a strawman argument because if he had a compressor why would he be out every 10 runs spending 40 bucks....

Another twist of your brain. And how much fun is a fast car in the middle of august with no ac in NC? U have to be on some good sht. Ya lady wont even ride in it....trust me. Shes gonna say Its too hot baby Ill see you when you get back....

And Im not leaving because I don't wear panties and nothing is twisted but the knowledge base here. Im leaving right now because its nothing to learn with this old antiquated and general ass motor lessons you can hardly give me from an assemblers perch.

Last edited:
Back