• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

LH2.2 760 No Spark

leecatd8209

The Fourfather
Got the engine swap all buttoned up and now I have no spark. I've got power to the coil, power and ground at the power stage, and I swapped in the power stage from my running 240 with no change. No spark out of the coil.

The hall sender is plugged in, and it ran before I did the swap.

I'm fairly certain the distributor was under water during a recent flood, but even if the hall sensor was bad I should still have spark from the coil, no?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Do you have injector pulse?

Do you have a test lamp?

I don't have injector pulse. I do have a test light.

There's a random hot black wire that's running up the harness with the injector grounds by the fuel rail. Where's that little guy's home?

And I cannot for the life of me find the radio suppression relay anywhere, would this car have that?

From what I understand, if the tach needle bounces when you crank, you should be getting signal from the hall sensor.

Here is a drawing stolen from https://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=329862. From the diagram the coil pulse is sent from the EZK to the power stage pins 16 (power) and 20 (GND).
O038m2j.jpg

It is a turbo, the tach is taching, I have the injector resistors plugged in, I've verified power and ground at the power stage with the key on.

The car ran before I did the engine swap, so I've probably missed something, but all my checks so far are showing that everything should be good. I might have another set of injectors laying around to try. Even if the impedance is wrong they should still fire, right?

Back