• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

MS install, stupid hell sensor question....

volvorod85

Ya not a typo, the hall sensor on the back of the head has 3 pins, 1 2 and 3....or - 0 + ....im pretty sure i have it right and i just happened to get the one bad hall sensor in the whole junk yard, but the

- is ground, the braided sheild in the harness
0 is the green wire, signal to the MS pin 25
+ is red, 12V with the 10 ohm resistor

Mind you the colors are from the origional volvo harness, just want to get someone else to tell me its hooked up right before I go and hunt down another hall sensor.

BTW, I followed schematic #2 and used the 10 OHM resistor for the dizzy, the 390 OHM on pin 24, and the green wire or RPM signal from the hall sensor to pin 25 and jumped X11 tp XG1 as shown in the pic on the MSnS site...thanks for the help
Mark

Also, I took the dizzy out and put ground on the - and 12v on the + and had the meter on the center pin (0) and got no switching at all, its stuck on zero volts....

i think when i did my install, it might of gotten wired backwards temporarily and it blew something up on the megasquirt board, threw a different board in and it worked like a charm. i remember the voltage fluctations when spinning it by hand were very small

Nope, did my wiring perfect, double and triple checked it, .....took the dizzy towork today and checked it one more time, grounded the - 12v on the + and nothing out of the 0 terminal....im gonna try to find a dizzy now...
Mark

soooo close!!!!

Back