• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

940 Why is the Driver's Seat Rattling?

Lazarus

I've had this 940 for years. All of a sudden, the memory seat control panel starts to rattle against the seat frame. This is a little assembly by your left hand that contains the seat controls and a small coin tray. It looks like it just hangs there on part of the seat without any mounting screws. I can't remove it. I can stuff some felt or cork behind it, but wondered how this panel is mounted and why it suddenly got loose? Thank you.

-Lazarus

Shouldn't there be 2 screws holding the control panel? 1 with a slide in shoulder washer (at the front) and 1 regular screw by the pivot bar at the back.

The machine screw that holds the cup shaped part at the front of the seat worked loose. The plastic panel slides on to that cup. It should be a torx drive head on that screw. A long thin torx drive can be used to tighten it.

Thanks. I found the 2 connections for this assembly. One is all the way back (seat has to be moved forward to get to the screw. And there is a tricky front connection involving spring loaded cup that mates with a washer-like piece on the panel. Naturally you have to get on your knees and look backwards into the seat panel. The front comes loose by pulling upward with a good yank. The rear screw became loose AND the front spring loaded thing also was loose. A little blue locktite on both screws will keep those in place. Great! One less rattling part.

-Lazarus

Back