• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

140 intake for b234 head

tonybaroni

So I am thinking of leveraging components cut up from the b234 intake, as a starting point for runners for an intake. And using sheetmetal as a plenum.

Will a fuel rail and injectors on the lower side of the manifold cause pooling of liquid gas into those small wells around the injectors and cause problems?

First pic shows shortening runners to clear the brake booster, but there isn't any clearance, and they're curved the wrong direction.

Second shows the intake held in there upside down, and the clearance looks pretty good.

Third shows the fuel rail held above the upside down intake runners, and it's possible, but pretty tight spacing.

Fourth shows the runners all cut off the mounting plate, and set upside down with the fuel rail underneath. It's tight still, and would have to be a custom fuel rail but I'm fairly certain it will fit this way.

Attachments

• IMG_2813.jpg
    IMG_2813.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_2815.jpg
    IMG_2815.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_2816.jpg
    IMG_2816.jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_2818.jpg
    IMG_2818.jpg
    208.2 KB · Views: 159
I don't imagine that would be a problem, maybe a hot start would see a little more enrichment than anticipated. Edit: looking at the second photo it looks as though the injectors would still be pointing down. Would they be pointed at the valve guides or still towards the back of the closed valve?

Last edited:
the pictures all rotated 90 degrees when I added them to the thread. Gravity is to the right in the pics!

Still pointed up, towards valves guides, yes.

I originally was planning to extend the snorkel to moving the brake booster and master cylinder forwards to in front of the intake. It turned out that the b234 intake is so long, that the plenum would interfere with that snorkel. And the throttle body would further interfere with the snorkel and inner fender.

It turns out the the intake interferes with the steering components. So the intake needs to be customized.

At that point, I decided to focus on making an intake to fit.

It are fully mechanical brake cylinders, Front and rear both got their own cylinder and by adjusting the balancing rod between them you'd change the brake bias. Really frees up a lot of room there to make an intake fit that justice to the 16v

Back