• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

project blue is better

What color for my Titan wheels?

• Flat black

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Silver

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • White

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And once again, I've tried a "sport" panel air filter instead of the stock paper filter... As said by others, it's not a good improvement! AFR is leaner and my car loose a bit of torque...
So, I'm back to the paper filter and I'll never put anything other again...

After my issue with the Black Diamond Predator brake pads, I'm back to Brembo pads now...
That's THE pads!!! Car is braking very hard now!

Last edited:
And, in my opinion, a ranking of all the brake pads I've tried... :

- Ferodo (stock) : not good, not bad... 5/10

- Bremsa : good at cold, but they fade too soon 6/10

- Black Diamond Predator : absolutely bad at cold and at hot 1/10

- EBC Green Stuff : correct at cold and at hot, low dust, but they break between the steel plate and the friction material itself... 4/10

- Mintex : correct at cold, super bad at hot (huge fading) 2/10

- ATE : good at cold and hot 8/10

- Brembo : very good at cold, good at hot 9/10

I've done all the test with Brembo rotors.

I found Apec the best--

and btw. my car eats 10% more petrol grrr, since I changed back to 530 head and elring gasket.

And I forgot to mention the Pagid brake pads... It was excellent at cold and hot, and they last very long! But, unfortunately, they're no more available here...:-(

I used a 0.35 thou cometic before and the Elring compressed comes out about 0.42 thou. The Americans did not get the last batch of B230FT's. Volvo seems to have increased the positive deck height to 0.15 thou, so that with the 042, it already is in tight squish.
Pagid was a great make - I used them a lot in the 80'.
They still do them here:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pagid-Fro...=Car+Make:Volvo|Model:940&hash=item4602d8c59f
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pagid-T11...=Car+Make:Volvo|Model:940&hash=item51a88b5ce1

Last edited:
Hmm- I re calculated the petrol consumption and it actually is just the same as it was before, only the petrol prices went up since.
There is not such a huge difference between the 531 and the 530 head, the biggest difference being on the very upper end of the refs.
I identified, that at the bottom of all of my problems lately was a heat problem, -- insufficient cooling. So I replaced the oil-water heat exchanger with a proper oil cooler system.
Furthermore, the fresh air supply to the engine compartment was lacking, so I redesigned the engine under tray. I also removed the air conditioning completely with the effect, that my inter cooler works much better. the left side never gets warm. And I painted my 710 engine cover, -- these older alloy ones never leak (unlike the newer type)
I re routed the ignition cables, and tidied up a few more things.
The result is, that there is no more pinging, and the engine runs really nice.

Attachments

• DSC05056.JPG
    DSC05056.JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 456
More pics

Attachments

• DSC05145.JPG
    DSC05145.JPG
    114.5 KB · Views: 456
  • DSC05146.JPG
    DSC05146.JPG
    102.7 KB · Views: 454
  • DSC05147.JPG
    DSC05147.JPG
    111.3 KB · Views: 453
  • DSC05148.JPG
    DSC05148.JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 454
more

Attachments

• DSC05154.JPG
    DSC05154.JPG
    99.6 KB · Views: 453
  • DSC05153.JPG
    DSC05153.JPG
    92.4 KB · Views: 456
  • DSC05155.JPG
    DSC05155.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 463
everyone enjoys it in the family, currently the engine never gets cold, as they are doing 6-7 hundred KM's a week easily.

My Billy's are installed!!!!!!!!!! :-D They replace my worn out crappy Kayaba...

It's really not so hard Hans! I'm very surprised how they can absorb the bumps!!! It's for sure firmer than the stockish "sponge", but they don't transform your car as a shaker!

Back