• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Something wrong with Myranes Racing?

2829-thickbox_default.jpg

http://www.myranesracing.com/store/index.php?id_product=160&controller=product

Thats theirs

this is mine

That sucks! I have those myranes coilovers, had no idea it was stolen from you. Wouldn't have bought if I knew.

Re: stolen ideas....the majority of "design" on the level of junk we're doing is essentially "connecting the dots".
Chassi part here---car there, connect.

That part=mounting base and some ears... not many ways it can vary..

Nobody seems to worry that there are 20 "businesses" all selling the exact same rods...all but one selling rods "copied" from Sten Parner.

Ben has every right given the circumstance that they bought his part in order to LITERALLY copy it. Thats bad biz and they'll not get any money from me.

Also shows bad character and who would want parts from dudes like that? Makes me wonder why any body would still do business with them.

Everytime i've emailed Ben with a question he has promptly replied. Thats worth the price of his parts right there.

So you find not answering the guys mail which gets your lunch on the table is normal behaviour? :D

I cant understand this.. they seemed pretty nice when i talked to them and i dont want to piss them on their legs but i tried hard to reach them via mail/phone, even spoke them a few msgs on their answerer to please call me back or just answer my emails.. dunno.. im a guy who wants to spend money.. much money.. so.. ah.. you know what...??

...maybe i'm just too german for you guys ;)

I agree with you. In my case I had another vendor ignore me AFTER I had paid and it took a bit of hounding to get any response. So this sort of behavior is seen as normal (it seems) by many of the small shops. I don't think it's right but the guys making the parts seem to think it's perfectly acceptable to treat customers like this.
Is it arrogance or something else?

Re: stolen ideas....the majority of "design" on the level of junk we're doing is essentially "connecting the dots".

Nobody seems to worry that there are 20 "businesses" all selling the exact same rods...all but one selling rods "copied" from Sten Parner.

All pretty normal Business. If you don't Patent it don't whinge. Likely this was not patentable and as you suggest based on others work anyway. Copying of Patent work on the other hand is something far more serious yet also seems to be acceptable to some...

I'm pretty sure i would have made mine the exact same way, without a thought of looking at what your stuff looks like. Lasered plates made for welding together is like 90% of what i draw for a living.

I'm pretty sure i would have made mine the exact same way, without a thought of looking at what your stuff looks like. Lasered plates made for welding together is like 90% of what i draw for a living.

Its doubtful it would be identical, you would probably slight different weld tap placement or gusset design.

Let me make this clear, I'm not complaining about the fact that its the same application because making a coilover conversion bracket is old news but the fact that the exact style, of ever single little weld tap, gusset, and geometry is identical is my problem. If they like the idea and wanted to design their own bracket in their style, then by all means they should do it and sell it but to do a blatant copy of every detail down to the plating? Seems shady, atleast they aren't using my name to sell it like some other company overseas...

If you designed the H beam rod from scratch and spec'd out every single thickness and placement of the radii, webbing, rod bolt spacing etc.... Then it would be a similar situation but I think the company that was forging rods was forging them before you contact them, right?

Now everyone on TB knows how exhaust companies feel when we buy eBay headers

Except they are probably laughing because all the flanges are upside down, are the OBX things mostly copied? I just thought some chump was sending junk to china to get reproduced for pennies?

I don't know but this thread gave me some really neat business trick! Imma gonna place an order over BNE for most of his product and start selling suspension parts! Yay profit!

I don't know but this thread gave me some really neat business trick! Imma gonna place an order over BNE for most of his product and start selling suspension parts! Yay profit!

You wouldn't be the first turbobricker to attempt to do that. :roll:

He still owes me about ?1000.

since 2014
In a few weeks I'm driving up there from belgium (i know where his shop is and personal adress) and maybe punch him in the throat or PIHB.

last time i did that he still owed me ?3000, gave me about ?2000 worth of goodies i needed...

Neighbours tell me he's buying **** all around...

what an arse.. i phoned him a few month ago cause of their nice DIY coilovers.. if you punch him.. hit em so hard you can bring me a coilover kit :D

Back