• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Pillows LS swap into 960 build v-log - the shade tree conversion bible

I ended up with the C5/C6 Corvette header. Custom piping after that.

At this point, I have a stock truck LM7 AC compressor. Stock 960 other parts, but it will need custom lines done for it though.

AC lines might be the hardest part... IDK yet as it will come last.

Adding the goal is that everything work and look as stock for a 960. That is always the hardest part getting the minutia working. No slap and tickle here ;)

Ordered a Holley Terminator X kit... Lets see what happens.

Why TermX? Because it supports the Fuel Composition Sensor for E85.

Also ordered all the stereo bits so that it sounds good ;)

Oh very nice!! Are you going to show us pics of the headers and the piping? Also, 960 so the rear is IRS?

Only hard thing IMHO is the AC line at the condenser, since Volvo uses a weird aluminum block for the inlet and outlet. I guess it just breaks off easy in a crash. Otherwise I think any decent AC shop or AC lines shop can make them pretty quick. Otherwise I'm pretty sure you could probably make them yourself with one of those expensive crimpers (maybe borrow one?) I say all this and yet I haven't done the AC in the 945 yet...

It is definitely harder trying to keep things stock! But in a way it is easier too, since you re-use a lot of stuff.

I've been making a spreadsheet comparing ECUs and E85 sensor input is a pretty common thing these days, but TerminatorX is definitely overkill or maybe just-the-right-amount-of-kill especially since it can handle the turbo and/or supercharger upgrades in the future :D

Being able to support a flex fuel sensor doesn't really make the argument for spending the dough on a holley system. Stock PCM will do that, megasquirt, etc. It's really just the ease of install and configuration. Seems to me you can drop a holley harness on the engine and be running in 5 mins. It's just designed to be easy.

Well actually on second thought maybe not so bad. I'm guessing your 92 is the same as my 93 945 and my 88 744 as far as lines go probably.

Attachments

• pic.jpg
    pic.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 127
Update. I'm slowing my roll a bit. Working on the Car Audio portion vs the actual Go portion!

FWIW the Metra install kit that came with the Kenwood HU from Crutchfield is SPOT on! Very well made and proper length.

The front deck speakers, Italian 3" full range, will run off the HU power. The doors will be Seas AL dome tweets, Silver Flute 5.25" mids, and JBL MS-62 crossovers being pushed by an OS Phoenix Gold MS-275. Recapped the MS-275 last night and she running good bro!

Probably build a false floor in the rear tire area for the amps. MS-275 and Rockville class D on an OS single TC Sounds 10" NEO driver... Don't sleep on this 10" as it will hurt your organs in a wagon.

Trying to figure on how to run the power wire front to back at the moment.

It's not just about the LS... This will be a Driver with all the goodies to match.

I am also working on mine now.

I have a few GM LS3 manifolds but I know the interferences. So I am looking at a flowtech / block hugger equivalent for both sides. I'd love long tubes but thats unlikely unless a custom job ($$$)

I'd like to run catalytic converters on mine, and have a few selections from my G8 and SS to test fit but depends on the manifold/headers.

Have a pan and converter on the way, ordering an ATI balancer and the Holley set up next. I have HP Tuners for my other LS stuff, but im on a crunch with the new baby and all the other stuff going on. I can sell the harness off the donor for a few hundred bucks because it is sought after.

Last edited:
I used Gbody shorty heads almost fit perfect hadda cut some of excess pinch weld on passenger side but that was it , what radiator did yahll use?

I used Gbody shorty heads almost fit perfect hadda cut some of excess pinch weld on passenger side but that was it , what radiator did yahll use?
I'm using a csf-2718 940 radiator that's all brass, with a 940 fan and a cut-up fan mount. Works just fine for mine in the summer (no AC though yet.)
I may update at some point to a custom all-aluminum radiator, but haven't gotten there.

I ended up with the C5/C6 Corvette header. Custom piping after that.

At this point, I have a stock truck LM7 AC compressor. Stock 960 other parts, but it will need custom lines done for it though.

AC lines might be the hardest part... IDK yet as it will come last.

Adding the goal is that everything work and look as stock for a 960. That is always the hardest part getting the minutia working. No slap and tickle here ;)

are you using C5/C6 headers, or exhaust manifolds? we need pics!!

Back