• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 Michelin or Pirelli

I don't know if they come in your size, but I just put Michelin CrossClimate 2s on my wife's car and they are excellent. Super quiet, with great grip in the wet.

Which car are we talking about? The 245 or the 244? I'm assuming stock 14" rims? I had the old Pirelli P6000 tires (not the P4's, obviously) on our 240s in the past. Decent tires. Michelins can be a crapshoot, depending on which tires you go with. The lower end tires don't seem to be that great, but the MXV4 and higher end tires are decent. If you can chuck a set of virgos on the car, a set of 205/55R15 tires (if sedan) or a set of 205/65R15 tires (if wagon) would be a good choice and your tire selection range will increase.

I'm running a pair of Pirelli P4 Plus, size 195/65R-15's on the front of my 88 765. They appear to be good tires. The Plus is H speed rated.

It's too bad Michelin stopped making Pilots in 15" or 16" or probably 17" now too. Years ago, at the boneyard, I scored a super nice set of Virgos with 205/60/15 Michelin Pilots and they were excellent.

Tires use carbon black in their manufacturing. I knew a engineer that work for a plant that made carbon black. I asked him what tires,in hie opinion where the best. Michelin was his answer.

Hopefully BFG has improved since the Comp T/A HR4 era... Had a set of the aforementioned BFGs in the 205/60R15 size on a previous 242. Tires were great while they had tread. Once they got close to the wear bars, BFG became NFG. (No Fvcking Grip).

Hard pass on the Michelin Offenders... They remind me too much of the X-1 tires of the late '90s. Super long treadwear life, but not that great, handling-wise.

Back