• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

M14x1.5 lower radiator coolant switch (volvo coolant Tee)

740atl

Gear acquisition syndrome
I need an e-fan temperature switch that'll fit into the volvo coolant tee with the M14x1.5 fitting. My current switch is dead and I didn't realize how hard it is to find another in a decent temp range for an efan.

I've done the googling, but haven't come up with anything.

many thanks.

Mike

thermo contact switch for the connection pipe [that pipe in the rad hose]

P/N 1276229

gasket for that switch

P/N 18671

the 'connection pipe' itself

P/N 1378504

try eEuroparts

you might also check Autometer's offerings for 'in-rad hose' pipes and switches. They offer different on-off range switches.

You'll get better op temp control by having the pipe/switch setup located in the upper rad hose.

TF

Thanks Thomas!

I located a bmw sensor that'll fit with a decent temp range. That being said, my in-line Tee is getting a bit old... I will take your recommendation on the aftermarket stuff for the next round.

I didn't realize the upper hose was the better location. On the next iteration, I'll make the switch.

Some material from over in the maint forums:
http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=266020
As said, locate in the upper radiator hose or top corner of the radiator is best. If you go to the 24mm thread the switches avail are avail in wider temp ranges, and/or can retro-fit a adjustable switch.
In fact in your case, you can drill out the old switch and use the vapor bulb type, set it where it wants to be, probably lower temps than what's avail for the upper hose by 10-15 deg, like 72deg C

Back