• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

NLA Window Track Seals - Any solutions?

oemoilleaks

I've been looking for window track rubbers for my 142 for months now. Unfortunately right as I needed them p/n. 676675 became NLA.

Has anyone found a good solution or an alternative for this?

Search european suppliers, scandix, etc. That pn# is still showing on many websites.

Ive ordered from them all only to be refunded weeks later because they didn't know they didnt have it. The latest being SCANDCAR

I'm wondering if Steele Rubber Products has something similar that you will be able to modify/use? Perhaps get a catalog and see if you find a similar design product.

Bring a sample to Pomona Swap Meet since you are in SoCal. There are couple of sellers who carry all kinds of body seals, etc. You should find something that's gonna work. The nearest one is showing as August 15th on the website.

I have a roll of 676675 sealed in an original Volvo bag that I sourced about 4 - 5 years ago and have been hoarding for future use. The sticker on the bag indicates that it was sourced through Genuine Classics Parts. The GCP website now has the ominous 'Will not come again' message suggesting that this is not just a pause in the production run. Unless you can persuade someone like VP Auto or CVI who on occasion do runs of parts to do the molding, I expect you are screwed.

This piece from Metro is fairly close
https://metrommp.com/flocked_window_channel_96_piece_each_wc_2196/
676675 measures out at about 0.55" across the base which is a little wider than the Metro piece. That may mean the Metro piece will not stay in place unless assisted by some adhesive.

When all else fails, try Hi Performance Auto. They may have a stash of new or some good used ones or know a suitable substitution.

I've been looking for window track rubbers for my 142 for months now. Unfortunately right as I needed them p/n. 676675 became NLA.

Has anyone found a good solution or an alternative for this?

Here in Upside-Down Land, we use this stuff as an alternative -
https://betterautorubber.com.au/product/hq-hj-hx-hz-holden-wagon-tailgate-bailey-channel-tgbc1007/

It used to be known by this vendor as BR1012.

1.6 metres needed for each side on a 142; 1.3 metres each side for each front door on a sedan or wagon.

Back