home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > Mechanical > maintenance & nonperformance

Old 11-10-2019, 04:04 PM   #1
nuclearj
Board Member

Default Hall Effect Sensor Resistance Specs? 1982 245 Chrysler Distributor

I am working on a no spark issue and I thought I saw where you could test the hall effect sensor by taking a reading on the resistance. I cannot find it again and was wondering if someone could lend a hand and knew where that data is?

This is for my 1982 245 B21F - CI with the Chrysler distributor. I took some readings and this is what I had. Now, in looking at different diagrams, they label the pins differently in different manuals, so I had labeled them like this: while looking at the plug, the left pin is "c", the top pin is "b" and the right pin is "a". I'll explain later how I got there if anyone is interested.

With the voltmeter set to 200K Ω:
C to B = 35.4 Ω
B to A = 118.1 Ω
A to C = 34.0 Ω

In trouble shooting this no spark issue, I am pretty sure I have checked most everything I could read about and this seems to be the last component. Thing is, I purchased the hall effect sensor new this past May. Seems to be a bit premature for a breakdown. I was thinking of even bench testing it to be sure. Well, if anyone has access to the data regarding the resistance, that will hopefully shed some light.

Thanks!
nuclearj is offline   Reply With Quote