• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

it is a good choice ? pistons rods injectors

Why NOT? Choice..something wrong with doing something stronger? Or is it just your buddies didn't bother to look and see the opportunity to do something bigger than stock--they just copied that which was already done..
So why do you and a couple of other of the same little clique complain about a bigger rod bolt than stock? What does it HURT?

7/16" is stronger, and it hurts nothing, you're just trolling.
Crank steered is, when going to oversize aftermarket pistons, BETTER. It gives MORE choices..
Something wrong with more choices?

Not complaining, it's just a moot point, use whatever is most economically priced and easy to aquire. That's how I do things and so far my stock rod bolts in all of my engines have never failed due to abuse or power. It's usually negligence. Yes the 7/16 is stronger but I wouldn't get hung up over it.

John I'm at 20km from Strasbourg 67

We can speak french in PM ;-)

Une chanson qui s'applique parfaitement ? la petite clique de cons qui rousp?tent constamment:

<iframe width="580" height="435" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zMALuEYxK6U" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comparativement ? John, ce sont des ignares de la pire esp?ce. Il a plus de 30 ans d'exp?rience dans le domaine et il est honn?te. (C'est gr?ce ? son aide que j'ai construit mon moteur). J'ose imaginer que, n'?tant pas ?tatsunien, tu sois ?tre propice ? plus de maturit? intellectuelle que ces d?biles.

De plus, il a construit des moteurs qui ont ?t? v?ritablement utilis?s pour de la course automobile, capables de survivre ? beaucoup d'abus, rien ? voir avec les pseudos h?ros ma?tres du clavier qui surgissent constamment de nul part pour d?blat?rer leurs conneries.

Sur ce, je te souhaite une bonne journ?e.

Last edited:
I would argue that a capable standalone is far more important than messing with pistons, rodbolts, and all the stuff that seem to be of the utmost importance on this forum...

Why did g.m. step up to 7/16 boron steel rod bolts on the h.p. big blocks? But meh if you all ready got em run em metallurgy is light years ahead of what it was

Last edited:
Why did g.m. step up to 7/16 boron steel rod bolts on the h.p. big blocks? But meh if you allready got em tin em

Who cares? That?s a GM motor. This is a Volvo motor we?re talking about. It?s a pointless conversation that John always brings up to try and convince people to buy from him.

Who cares? That’s a GM motor. This is a Volvo motor we’re talking about. It’s a pointless conversation that John always brings up to try and convince people to buy from him.

In his defense he is the only one in this thread offering an actual product instead of the steady stream of bullsheet everybody else is laying down.

Are longer rods, 7/16? rod bolts, and cranked steered pistons necessary?

No, nothing is necessary. Cars aren't necessary. But they are fun, and stronger things, with bigger margins of safety, well, they are more fun. And more fun safely is the whole point...and if more fun can be done for the same or less money, all the better.

Again, why not?

In his defense he is the only one in this thread offering an actual product instead of the steady stream of bullsheet everybody else is laying down.

Nobody has to buy from me..I've posted repeatedly all the various dimensions and the 160mm rods are easily available, ordering pistons is just a single phone call...common knowledge what exact dimensions are needed...I mean why would everybody be here saying nothing is needed if they didn't know all the stuff that is needed and all the dimensions and specs to do it?

Back