• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

b230fk dynoresults (211whp)

swizzy

hey guys,
found time to do a dynopull and it went pretty much as i expected.

i hit 250bhp(211whp) at 4400rpm and 401nm at 3800rpm with following setup.

- unopened b230fk with 250kilometers (stock 530 head)
- mamba td04hl-20T, 7cm housing (cone-outlet) at 14PSI (1bar)
- 3" DP - 3" 200cell cat - 2.5" Simons exhaust (2 mufflers)
- VX3 cam (stock timing)
- 012 maf / 440cc Green Giants injectors
- Stoni´s chips (lh/ezk)
- Kl-Racing Intercooler
- Snowperformence Water/Meth Injection (starts at 6Psi)
- TTV Racing Flywheel with 850R Clutch
- NGK bpr8es sparkplugs

i was surprised in the first place that the peak hp number was at 4400rpm, but in the end i think it´s due the small hotside and mild VX3 cam. it still continued to 5500rpm with 200whp, so no big loss in power. Afr´s were spot on 11.2/1 with 50% meth in the watertank.

The numbers come from a dynojet, which should be pretty realistic. I Guess haha

Thread is for those who care :-)
cheers

Nicely done. Yes, if you want more powerband you will want the cylinder head to move more air, both by utilizing a better suited cam (the X exhaust lobe does it no favors as the cylinder head has a very heavy intake port bias), and having a good amount of port work done.

Thread is for those who care :-)
cheers
Thanks! It's always fun to read about other people's experiences with proof to show what it's done.

You appear to understand your setup and it's limitations, but as Harald mentioned, one of the first things I would do is get rid of that camshaft. If you want to get a wider powerband that includes a higher HP peak, something along the lines of the factory V, IPD Turbo, or ENEM V15 camshafts would be good. They won't hurt your low rpm performance much, if at all, and should make more power/torque everywhere, especially above your current HP peak. That HP peak makes it seem like you're running a T cam, even!

Is the B230FK engine originally a light pressure turbo engine with a little higher compression ratio than the B230FT?

Another thing you could try, is retarding the camshaft a little bit and tightening your exhaust valve clearances if they're on the looser end of spec. It'll still be far from ideal, but may add a little more power up top with not much difference down low.

Is the B230FK engine originally a light pressure turbo engine with a little higher compression ratio than the B230FT?

Yes, but as far as I'm aware it's literally the same engine with same compression, the only difference is the lower boost pressure by using a different wastegate actuator (0,3bar I believe).

15G turbo, NPR intercooler, A cam, 20lbs of boost! 2 inch straight pipe out the side! 232 wheel horse power. 277 wheel torques. 12.61 in the quarter mile.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/AS81r8c_3A8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

NO METH!

Thanks for the replies.

Well i got the VX3 for cheap, which is slightly better than the stock T cam. I also had a Kl-Racing Stage 2 Cam with this setup and was way overcamed (stupid me). I was looking for a used V or Ipd Cam, but they are unicorns in europe and i am not able to spend money for a new one atm. Does anyone have one for sale?

The reason why i run water/meth is : 1. i got it for cheap 2. why not? 3. it made a pretty good differnece, probably not powerwise, but made it feel a lot healthier.

Without meth the afrs are in the mid 12s and a slight tendency to knock occurs. I guess the restrictons of the exhaust flow causes this problem and the need of a better cam gets bigger.

greetings from switzerland

Thanks for the replies.

Well i got the VX3 for cheap, which is slightly better than the stock T cam. I also had a Kl-Racing Stage 2 Cam with this setup and was way overcamed (stupid me).

What exactly do you mean by that?

KLR T2 looks like a nice useable turbo cam to me:

Dur p? k?rspel 280grader
Kamlyft 11,3mm
Nockvinkel 112 grader

Probably your turbo already runs out of steam before you benefit from this cam.
I'm sure this wil go well with a big turbo.

What exactly do you mean by that?

KLR T2 looks like a nice useable turbo cam to me:

Dur p? k?rspel 280grader
Kamlyft 11,3mm
Nockvinkel 112 grader

Probably your turbo already runs out of steam before you benefit from this cam.
I'm sure this wil go well with a big turbo.

That is what i meant. I was overcamed because of my small turbo.

Hey ! Congratz !

Wonder what the ol NM's where?? probably up there!

Sound likes a healthy not stressed 200+ whp which probably does feel great! M47?

Thanks for sharing!

Sounds pretty good!
Similar to what i'm shooting for with the next few mods I'm planning.

Bought a V Cam. Should arrive soon and will go in asap.
i dont think a M47 will hold this power haha it s an M90. (thanks europe)

Ditched the VX and put in a V cam (thanks @Leon_pp).
Better mid range and good improvement in top end. Makes way more fun to drive.

Also purchased a t3/t4 with an .63A/R housing to ditch the restrictiv 20t...300bhp club soon?!

Ditched the VX and put in a V cam (thanks @Leon_pp).
Better mid range and good improvement in top end. Makes way more fun to drive.

Also purchased a t3/t4 with an .63A/R housing to ditch the restrictiv 20t...300bhp club soon?!

I love the V cam top end acceleration too. It is a pleasure every time I rev to the 6k limit But it can't cruise at 2k and I have to shift down too often to keep the car moving. I just put in a VX3 cam. Overall this makes my stock car quicker for street driving with more low end torque. I can hold in third gear at 2k, but the power flattens out in the high range and the excitement is gone. I had to turn up the turbo a couple of PSI to make up for the power loss. But It is not the same thing.

I am now looking at the Enem V16T or the KL racing T1. They have similar specs but I suspect the T1 has less overlap as it has 1mm less valve lift and will spool the turbo better at low revs. I don't need super high power, just high fun. So 1mm less valve lift should be ok.

The V15 or IPD cam from dynos I've seen, seem to flatten out a little over 5k. I don't want that. Plus I have seen a post of someone going from an IPD to a V16 and loving the V16 more. That is my inspiration. I want the high rev high.

Back