• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Fire Breathing Monster gets Big Ass intercooler!

oppositelock

Hey all, the Powerstroke intercooler installation is nearly done. I've posted a new photo album charting the progress. This thing is seriously huge! Who needs headlights, anyway?! Still, we all know John.... when I told him Gale Banks makes a replacement intercooler that flows even better than the stock Powerstroke his eyes just glazed over and drool began forming at the corner of his mouth. :badboy:

So now there's talk of bigger injectors, 20-something lbs of boost, and I hope we don't break somebody's chassis dyno.... :pow: :freak: :owned: :wink:

Here's the link to the Powerstroke I/C install album: http://www.printroom.com/ViewAlbum.asp?userid=oppositelock&album_id=131091

Here's a link to the main Fire Breathing Monster album: http://www.printroom.com/ViewAlbum.asp?userid=oppositelock&album_id=124351

-Dave Clark

Nice work!
Mine is a little more centered, and no holes in the rad support. :p
Pretty similar MO though. I made those cuts with a hacksaw you spoiled brats! :lol:

Nice to see another brick fitted with one of these babies.

I guess I'll have to do a dual core now. :twisted:

CaptainBondo said:
... and no holes in the rad support. :p

Dunno how you got away with that, we've got the pipes sitting right down on the fenderwells. Couldn't get it too much lower.

[quote:7363193961]
I guess I'll have to do a dual core now. :twisted:[/quote:7363193961]

Oh yeah?! Well then we'll just have to stack four of them together, up on the roof! That's it, yeah, and two more in the trunk, yeah, and make the codriver carry another one on his lap! Yeah, that's it! :twisted:

-Dave Clark

And btw, those ic pipes ARE pretty! i dig em. much nicer than my ABS plastic. lol!

Kenny, you got your PSIC low enough to not have to cut the upper radiator plate, correct? And you did this by cutting both of the bumper shocks I thought. Just trying to get an idea as to what's involved, as I'm going to be putting one in my Bertone ASAP.

You call that a big intercooler? :p

7.JPG

Happen to know for a fact that Kenny actually set up Big John by not mentioning the spray from the bumper shocks - which, when Kenny caught his first face full, was purported to smell like the ass of a musk ox.

...Kenny's girl dumped him later that day, and while there are those of us who have counciled him on the coorelation between bathing and a reltationship's longevity, I hope John wasn't similarily impacted.

Nice to see these things finally going in - looking forward to the performance results.

JB
KTP

Back