• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

John Lane's Fire Breathing Monster info & pics

c7NJRa2.gif

Goodness...

Two years since this has been bumped. Life is in the way.

She got a turbo befitting. Martin in the UK did it up for me. For the first time she has a turbo that got put together using real math in sizing. We like this. Six pounds of boost by 2000. Much easier to drive smoothly. 30lbs of boost is in the sweet spot of the map. She needs a clutch. Big power makes a three disc clutch slip.

Had installed a windshield. Then one of her snow tires got to be dropped so that I could avoid an unpleasant get-together with gravity. One bounce.... Need another window.

have you thought about redoing some proper exhaust headers for the new turbo? if you do, please let me know, been wanting to see if someone would build me some and it's got your name written all over it. XD

have you thought about redoing some proper exhaust headers for the new turbo? if you do, please let me know, been wanting to see if someone would build me some and it's got your name written all over it. XD

Find yourself a pair of exhaust manifolds for Eagle Premier/Dodge Monaco from '88-91 with the even-firing three liter PRV six. They are nice enough. Use the chop-saw to whack the head pipe flanges off and weld a mild steel .120" wall pipe to it with the burly MIG welder. This is how I'm feeding the turbo. Works great.
The manifolds Volvo fitted are horrible.

Goodness...

Two years since this has been bumped. Life is in the way.

She got a turbo befitting. Martin in the UK did it up for me. For the first time she has a turbo that got put together using real math in sizing. We like this. Six pounds of boost by 2000. Much easier to drive smoothly. 30lbs of boost is in the sweet spot of the map. She needs a clutch. Big power makes a three disc clutch slip.

Had installed a windshield. Then one of her snow tires got to be dropped so that I could avoid an unpleasant get-together with gravity. One bounce.... Need another window.

Your timing of this post and having a running car, is an odd coincidence with the upcoming Olympus Rally.

Find yourself a pair of exhaust manifolds for Eagle Premier/Dodge Monaco from '88-91 with the even-firing three liter PRV six. They are nice enough. Use the chop-saw to whack the head pipe flanges off and weld a mild steel .120" wall pipe to it with the burly MIG welder. This is how I'm feeding the turbo. Works great.
The manifolds Volvo fitted are horrible.

of course, im well aware of your setup JL, what I'm thinking of is a pair of scratch built headers like Matt in Canadia Land did to his 780 shown here:

http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=139051&page=2

i really wish i could buy his but he hasnt been on in 3 some odd years

could you please ask him to pm me, i want to make my bertone Slay howl! i have a 3 inch borla xr1 sitting in the trunk for about 8 months now

Oh my did somebody say 30lbs boost? And mention a nice properly sized turbo?

So in for updates , John. :-)

I've been linking to many old threads and posts of yours in the last year or so. Mainly when someone on a UK Facebook group asks about B280 tuning and/or forced induction.

:-D

Oh my did somebody say 30lbs boost? And mention a nice properly sized turbo?

So in for updates , John. :-)

I've been linking to many old threads and posts of yours in the last year or so. Mainly when someone on a UK Facebook group asks about B280 tuning and/or forced induction.

:-D

She goes good.... :badboy: Need bigger injectors and remap to get up there. Throttle based boost control will be part of this.

Back