• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

1985 240 DL turbo

Hank50car

It's been awhile since I have owned a Volvo and that was a 1964 122s coupe that I toured the US in 40 years ago. A friend of mine took a 240 in trade for work he had done. He drove it a little and then parked it. It has been sitting for a few years and I finally convinced him to sell it to me. It was bought from Dyer & Dyer in Atlanta in 1986 with 5155 on the odometer, it is currently showing 80xxx which i believe to be correct. I believe it to be a police package car . It has rubber floor covering instead of carpet, two long flexible lights mounted above the doors and what I believe to be baton or flashlight holders beside the seats. It has some minor rust issues and the windshield leaks. My intention is to make a dd out of it and drive it like it is stolen. Vin decoder says it was assembled in Canada and has a b21ft. Any thoughts or recommendations?

If it’s been sitting for a while the fuel injection is probably pretty gummed up and the fuel tank might be rusty. I would go into it expecting to clean or replace most of the fuel system components if you want to keep the K-Jet. Alternatively you could swap it to EFI if you’re not a masochist. :)

view

Upload to imgur and use the
links.

Edit: How's the wiring harness? Mine was all frayed and burned up and had been since the early-'90s.

I haven't looked at it that closely yet. I expect to be buying a Dave Barton harness before it's over with. I may get frisky a build a new one myself.

Back