• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

P1900 Story Video

PCH

<iframe width="729" height="410" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hEEor0zH06I" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I was going to mention the story about why there were only 68 made, but he did in the video.

Pretty cool. I have touched three in person. One at the museum in Sweden, one in Rockleigh NJ, and another at a private Volvo museum in Loosedrecht Netherlands. All are cool.

Very cool. I've only ever seen two, one at the Volvo museum, and one (oddly enough) the next town over in rural Western NC.

I've also seen 2 in person.

I saw my first P1900 sometime in the mid to late '80's at an exotic used car lot on Pacific Coast Highway in Manhattan Beach. I had no idea what it was but my ex-business partner (a former Volvo parts man) spotted it sitting in the lot as we drove by so we turned around and went back to look at it. It was blue with a black top and had a burl wood dash. I'm fairly certain the car was chassis #66 seen at 3:30 in the video as it also has the wood dash and coincidentally is in California.

I've seen way too much of the second P1900, chassis #18. I even see it while I'm asleep because I have nightmares about it. :lol:

Here's a reproduction of the original sales brochure in English.

http://hiperformanceautoservice.com/images/P1900%20Brochure.pdf

These cars are very cool. My wife's favorite of the Volvos. Is it me, the one in the video didn't sound too good. Maybe they are all that way? I guess the one in the video is still a jell coat color and not painted. Looks blotchy. The museum cars in Sweden and the one in NJ have been painted super glossy. I'm glad he drives it and not have a trailer queen.

Back