• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

parallel flow condenser

VolvoLatAm

are there any decent (aftermarket) parallel flow condensers for 240s on Amazon.com? I want to ship one directly to my country and amazon has free shipping

Last edited:
how do you hook up the '93 condenser to the earlier AC systems

You would need to make a new line from the condensor to dryer, using a 180* fitting and a 90* fitting, #6 in size. You would also need to put a new end on the compressor-condenser hose, or make a new one.

I installed this very condenser in an 83 the other day, but made all new hoses. Amazon hydraulic crimper on it's 3rd AC system rebuild and still kicking ass, highly recommended!

You would need to make a new line from the condensor to dryer, using a 180* fitting and a 90* fitting, #6 in size. You would also need to put a new end on the compressor-condenser hose, or make a new one.

I installed this very condenser in an 83 the other day, but made all new hoses. Amazon hydraulic crimper on it's 3rd AC system rebuild and still kicking ass, highly recommended!

sounds great! What did you do for the evaporator?

Luckily the stock one was in good shape. Ran ac flush, brake clean, and compressed air through it. Straightened the fins. Booger freezer with envirosafe.

^Sounds great. I found a direct fit parallel flow condenser at Swedish Car Parts, yikes $340 plus shipping.

Then remembered I had a real Volvo '93 version in the garage!
Volvo_240_AC_Condenser_93_01.jpg

Volvo_240_AC_Condenser_93_02.jpg

Back