• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

940 Engine cut at 2500rpm on load B230FK

Karelitos

Hi yall who are smarter with the beastly redblocks than me.

Basically i have a problem with my 940 B230FK (automatic sadly).
Under load and stepping on the gas the car cuts near somewhere 2500rpm (any other rpm range is fine.

Upped the boost on that car last year, was running fine, Max about 12-13psi

Last i thought it was a vaccum leak from the crank breather since it was cracked but i replaced it. But now Im thinking that the stock fuel table just isnt setup for that kind of boost on that load.
But if any of you can figure out if something else is causing this im more and happy to try fixing it or upgradeing something to get rid of the problem.

Example Video https://www.youtube.com/shorts/SPRD4MVH39g?&ab_channel=NotCayden

Best wishes
Your baltic tank engine enjoyer

Check the air intake hose from the air mass sensor to the turbo intake. If that hose is soft it can be sucked shut under high airflow.

How is the spark plug gap? You can get spark blowout under high load if the gap is too large or the plugs have weak spark.

If the cut is total/complete then it's the ECU protecting the engine from overboost.
Dial that boost down a bit and see what will happen. Another thing you could try is losening the wastegate actuator rod. If that's too tight it causes spoolup to be too fast and the engine gets a boost spike which it can't process. Because the ECU can only match X amount of fuel.

If the cut is total/complete then it's the ECU protecting the engine from overboost.
Dial that boost down a bit and see what will happen. Another thing you could try is losening the wastegate actuator rod. If that's too tight it causes spoolup to be too fast and the engine gets a boost spike which it can't process. Because the ECU can only match X amount of fuel.

Yes thank you. Im sure its the ECU protection. But in no way I want to Drive with the stock boost? And yes the boost does spike so ill see of loosening it Will help. Thank you kind stranger!

an electronic boost controller would help had one on my 240 had option of low, scramble button and rpm based boost

Yes thank you. Im sure its the ECU protection. But in no way I want to Drive with the stock boost? And yes the boost does spike so ill see of loosening it Will help. Thank you kind stranger!

Okay so if anyone is reading this still. The 13c doesnt have a changeable actuator rod.
What i did was since the boost was spiking to around 1bar and dropped. I removed the turbo and ported the hot side with a dremmel. Made the surfaces smoother to the wastegate and made the wastegate hole a lot bigger. But the boost control is amazing now. The boost raises steadily to 0.8-0.9bar and stays there. Right before the ECU fuel cut.

Back