• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Missing Guide Pin on Flex Disc / M47

Hamiltonian

Hi there - I am swapping in a manual transmission to replace my dead bw55. I got a complete m47 and driveshafts, etc. off of Ebay. It's from a 1990 240 wagon.

I'm going through all the parts now, and replacing things as necessary. But I just noticed that I appear to be missing the guide pin that goes through the flex disc on the back of the m47.

Here is the part diagram (it's the thing that kinda looks like a fidget spinner. P/N 1209867 ). https://www.volvopartswebstore.com/products/Volvo/Guide-pin/1200711/1209867.html

My understanding is that it should seat in the end of the driveshaft, inside a sleeve. I need to replace the sleeve and have found a source for that (P/N 1209862).

I was hoping someone could tell me whether the guide pin should be there, and if so, where I can get one. They don't seem to be available, even from places like Skandix.

Thank you. (Can't seem to get the pictures to attach. Sorry this is my first post.)

MJ20MDh

3Kz5GqQ

KO9d9J2

Last edited:
Ugh - upon closer inspection, the guide pin is in pretty bad shape. Does anyone know of a source for this part? Nothing on IPD, FCPEuro, or ClassicVolvoRestoration. Thanks.

Those guide pins are really important, my setup was missing it initially when I swapped to a m47 and the driveshaft had a lot of run out.

Post up in the wanted section. I'm sure someone has extras from blown up m47s

I got a few extras of those, same for 740 m46 turbo ones with guibo setup also not just no turbo m47 junkers. I remember when I blew up 5 m46's in one year! I will post a pic.

Last edited:
Back