• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Removing door window trim?

VolvoGLT

ok, how to remove the chrome window trim WITHOUT destroying it? Can it be done?
I'd like to purchase the doors in the picture and change the color of the door and paint the trim black. Ideally I want to paint the trim off the doors and reattach afterwards.

door.jpg

Get an old school bottle opener the one with the tab, use a piece of strip steel or a paint stick on the face of the trim to keep from denting the face of the trim, work little by little.

Those doors might be a little too old for the car, btw. Volvo changed the door latch mechanisms in 1978. Doors look like they're from 1975. To use them with the door latch hardware from your 244, you'd need to weld in the sheetmetal piece from the latch area of your current doors. Otherwise, you'll have a large gaping hole where the later latch hardware sits.

Those doors might be a little too old for the car, btw. Volvo changed the door latch mechanisms in 1978. Doors look like they're from 1975. To use them with the door latch hardware from your 244, you'd need to weld in the sheetmetal piece from the latch area of your current doors. Otherwise, you'll have a large gaping hole where the later latch hardware sits.

:nod:

Volvo made a kit to put a later door on an early car but not the other way around.

Thanks for the heads up! I wasn't aware that the latch mechanisms changed on the early doors! Will check before I commit to buy

Back