• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

TH700 and aftermarket ECU

OttoB

Fellow Turbo(hydra)Bricksters

I'm helping a friend with 69 Firebird which is having a 350TPI and Th700. ECU is Maxxecu Street, no issues with engine control configuration.

But how in hell control lockup converter and 4th gear solenoids. We got a B&M Speed sensor so Maxxecu knows the vehicle speed. And can use one Digital in for brake light.

I tried to Google but came up with no good.

Easy, set an output as PWM lockup solenoid. You can use most of the auto trans control without having to shift most of the gears.

Thanks, answer that gave me more questions. I thought that that th700 is only commanded by on/off signals. I have to find out the type of that trans.

I didn't know that you can control lockup converter with pwm

I think more modern transmissions use PWM to control the lock up. Probably for smoother application of lock up.

Isn't the TH400 pretty mechanical with regards to shifting etc? So you'd really only need to control the lock up solenoid? Sorry I don't deal with auto's too much.

I found this digging around in the MaxxEcu support pages with regards to lock up set up

https://www.maxxecu.com/webhelp/settings-transmission_control-lockup_converter.html

I'm assuming you've already read that though.

Jordan

Back