• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Interior dome lights not turning on with door

Vwrado

I have been trying to figure out why the interior dome light doesn't work when I open the door any door. It does work when I manually switch it on. Can anyone point me in the right direction of where to start trouble shooting?

Bad contacts at the switches, try moving them, wiggle them, I've had it happen. You can take them out and clean the contacts.

lg_e97cad28-712f-4364-b3bc-9a0c1cc56ec3.jpg

Find the switch, unscrew it, pull it out enough to expose the electrical connection. Remove it, then touch the end of the wire (it will have the spade connector) to metal.

If it lights up, you have a bad switch.

If not, something is wrong with the wiring.

Odds are it's a bad or dirty switch.

when I open the door any door. It does work

The switch at the light has 3 positions: on, off and connected to the door switches. Since your original post said the problem was associated with all doors that seems like the likely point to address.

Just to be clear, the dome light has three positions. On all the time, off all the time, and on with door open. It's unlikely that all four switches would be bad.

Ron J

The interior dome switch area would turn on and the other two positions are off all the time. I believe one of those position is supposed to be for the door that I have yet to test the switches at the door.

Back