home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > Mechanical > performance & modifications

Old 04-14-2021, 06:14 AM   #1
Remmark1997

Default Volvo 740 B230K

Hello from Russia, guys. Got some questions. Have anybody done some modifications on card motor? Maybe installation of different carburetors? Now i got the Pierburg 2B5 and I'm very low on spare parts on it. Maybe you got some for sale? I've heard of Mikuni RS carbs, but didn't find any info about it. Will be happy to get some advices and thoughts about it) Thx
Remmark1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 12:27 PM   #2
Janspeed
Board Member

maybe you can get the spareparts you need on this website?
https://nordicar.com/en/product/8610...r-kit-2b5.html

another Dutch website you could contact is BCCP.nl
Most people in the Netherlands can read and write english so if you want to write a mail, try in english.

About those Mikuni RS carbs: they are designed for motorbikes. But some people do put them on Volvo engines. But for that you would probably need to do some fabrication to make those carbs fit (you need 4). Not cheap either. And you might need to fabricate the throttle linkage. And you need to have them jetted to work on your engine. But if you get them working right you will pick up some nice HP because 4 carbs/throttle bodies is better then 1 or 2
Janspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 12:27 PM   #3
Swedbrick
Board Member

I converted mine to lh2.4 injection and put a k-cam in it, awesome setup for more hp and response with the compression of your motor. My thread on the 745 has the info;)
Swedbrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 02:42 AM   #4
Remmark1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janspeed View Post
maybe you can get the spareparts you need on this website?
https://nordicar.com/en/product/8610...r-kit-2b5.html

another Dutch website you could contact is BCCP.nl
Most people in the Netherlands can read and write english so if you want to write a mail, try in english.

About those Mikuni RS carbs: they are designed for motorbikes. But some people do put them on Volvo engines. But for that you would probably need to do some fabrication to make those carbs fit (you need 4). Not cheap either. And you might need to fabricate the throttle linkage. And you need to have them jetted to work on your engine. But if you get them working right you will pick up some nice HP because 4 carbs/throttle bodies is better then 1 or 2
Thanks for links! About moto carbs. It's not a problem to det them on b230. some weld and it's done) And a throttle linkage is done already, just google "mikuni RS 40" its like already "ready-to-go" set up)
Old 04-15-2021, 02:46 AM   #5
Remmark1997

It's kinda risky for me to set the LH. I'm worried about to get stuck with some problems with ECU or something else. Carbs are easier for me, but i understand that EFI ( LH) is better and more powerful. And also got interesting question. You said that you set the K-cam. But is it better than the 531 cam with vx3 camshaft? I got both of them, and I'm thinking about which should I choose)
Old 04-15-2021, 04:16 AM   #6
Swedbrick
Board Member

The vx has lower lift and less duration than a k-cam so it will make less power. The vx is smoother if you are going for a daily, as the k will have a heavier idle (think big V8) and will come alive after 2.5krpm and go on for longer.

The 530 vs 531 head is mostly a discussion when running out of flow, on stock valves both are fine for what you'll be looking for. 531's with vx3 cams are always worth some money so you might be able to exchange it for a k-cam

This is a useful thread for you as well to be able to pick:
http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=354499
Swedbrick is offline   Reply With Quote