• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Offroad 1992 245 - Project Sven Bjornagain

Single 3" - no cat - 1 magnaflow - out the back - happening NOW

gt4kcS5.jpg

Captain Planet does not approve

lol. we're only "saving" the planet for ourselves. Once we've wiped ourselves out the planet will repair itself.

There is literally no technology that we have developed that would destroy the biosphere. We're just being selfish.

lol. we're only "saving" the planet for ourselves. Once we've wiped ourselves out the planet will repair itself.

There is literally no technology that we have developed that would destroy the biosphere. We're just being selfish.

Plus you have no kids, so you are way ahead of me, environmentally speaking. You know I'm quasi-obligated to say something.

Welp, it runs but the "programmed" ECU that I paid $200 for doesn't see the map/maf/o2 sensors. So it gets to sit till a tuning shop has an opening... which is probably next year.

Terminator x is the answer.

I've looked into it and cannot think of a good enough reason to get one. We have 330hp, which is plenty and the stock ECU can handle that. We're not doing any performance modifications to the motor, no turbo, no supercharger, nothin.

I've looked into it and cannot think of a good enough reason to get one. We have 330hp, which is plenty and the stock ECU can handle that. We're not doing any performance modifications to the motor, no turbo, no supercharger, nothin.

so you can sort out all the issues yourself. stock ecu is fine but you wouldnt be in your situation if you had a better one. the holley software is basically cheating. very easy learning curve.

not trying to hate on your decision or anything at all, i just personally dont like the stock ecu. however i do understand the appeal of it once its all sorted out.

so you can sort out all the issues yourself. stock ecu is fine but you wouldnt be in your situation if you had a better one. the holley software is basically cheating. very easy learning curve.

not trying to hate on your decision or anything at all, i just personally dont like the stock ecu. however i do understand the appeal of it once its all sorted out.

I getchya, this car isn't worth adding another $2,000 for the ecu and new harness and we're in no rush. It's just frustrating when you think you're good to go and you run into **** like this.

I would like suggestions on a local tuner that can help us out sooner than later though.

/edit: I totally expect the body to end up in a crusher before the end of next year and the motor/trans to end up in another project. We're starting on the 300SDL this spring and i'd like to clear up time/space/money for that.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/I_QQzckyCrc" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I getchya, this car isn't worth adding another $2,000 for the ecu and new harness and we're in no rush. It's just frustrating when you think you're good to go and you run into **** like this.

I would like suggestions on a local tuner that can help us out sooner than later though.

Term X is half that price, I ran my 242 all summer without getting a real tune, just used the self learning function

/edit: I totally expect the body to end up in a crusher before the end of next year and the motor/trans to end up in another project. We're starting on the 300SDL this spring and i'd like to clear up time/space/money for that.

Or give a smoking deal to pass it on to a local father/son duo (plus 2 other kids) that like working on Volvos and want to hoon around in the dirt. :oogle:

Or give a smoking deal to pass it on to a local father/son duo (plus 2 other kids) that like working on Volvos and want to hoon around in the dirt. :oogle:

It will never sell whole. It would probably just be a beat up chassis with no motor and suspension when we have it dragged off to the crusher.

Back