• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

dana 30 to 1031 u joint

90volvo

I have a 90 Volvo 240 and I think my ujoints is the 1021 series? Im in process of adding a gm trans; I can get driveshaft really cheap if I can run a 1031 series ujoint. I could run a conversion ujoint 1021 to 1031 if they make such a thing. If not is their a flange that will bolt to the stock pinion flange?(if that makes sense)I tried ordering a flange and the bolt pattern is way bigger than the pinion flange. Thanks for any help.

I think you mean 1310 joints, not 1031's. 1310's are a standard joint, which was also used by Volvo on many of the later flanges, got them on my wagon currently.

I think you mean 1310 joints, not 1031's. 1310's are a standard joint, which was also used by Volvo on many of the later flanges, got them on my wagon currently.

you are correct my error. So did little research and seems 1984 and earlier has the 1310 u joints and from 85 on has the 1210. At least thats what rockauto is showing me. Thanks for help and will let everyone know if that yoke that I ordered fits.

I know my 90 240 driveshaft has ujoints that are smaller than 1310, I also have m47 driveshaft and its the same as the auto? But yeh, I hope the yoke I ordered works. It should be here today.

Flange

I have a 90 Volvo 240 and I think my ujoints is the 1021 series? Im in process of adding a gm trans; I can get driveshaft really cheap if I can run a 1031 series ujoint. I could run a conversion ujoint 1021 to 1031 if they make such a thing. If not is their a flange that will bolt to the stock pinion flange?(if that makes sense)I tried ordering a flange and the bolt pattern is way bigger than the pinion flange. Thanks for any help.

Spicer makes a flange adapter. Don?t know the number off hand, but I purchased 2 twenty years ago. Used one, still may have the other on the shelf. If you can?t find the unit online?.email me. Fdbadge1@gmail.com. I?ll sell you my unused spare or get you the number.

Well I abandon the flat drive shaft flange and ordered this so I can run the 1031 u joints. Which, I can save about 150 bucks on a driveshaft. For reference here is what I purchased.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EHN49OO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I recieved this yoke and it fit the Dana 30 perfectly. Just thought let everybody know just incase someone wants to go down a similar road. Also with the 4L60e bolted up and with this yoke looks like my driveshaft needs to be 46 1/2 inches long. That allowing 1 inch of travel on the trans yoke. Im probably goning to order a 2.5 diameter driveshaft just cause the tuneel is so tight.

Back