home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > General > website & board

Old 09-14-2021, 06:02 PM   #26
brickyard92
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by white855T View Post
I always hear people say 'This car has been stripped' but I never understand why they say that. Even after the initial first week of picking, there are plenty of parts leftover. The local junkyards that have the only 240s, I've gone back like 10 time at least. If you're looking for special parts like floor mats or gauges, I think those days are long gone unless you're in Cali. I travel to junkyards all over the place. Some as far 300 miles. But I always end up finding cars that haven't even been picked.
A car that's is picked is subjective to what you're looking for. If you find one or two parts that you want then it was worth the trip!! Unless you have a barn or lots of space in your garage or a shed it's only so many parts you can hoard.
I have owned Volvos for almost 20 years and the only extra parts I have on hand (and I have a medium size shed) are 3 instrument clusters for 740/940 and lots of small cosmetic parts.
Old 09-15-2021, 10:06 AM   #27
fatcatbestcat
Professional Hack

There used to be a small private yard up near Ottawa with a lot of really old iron, late 140/160s to early 80s 200s and a few early 700s. I think the ad is still up on Kijiji, but the guy owning it is still using pictures from 1994. It's all rusty junk now and none of it is really usable. I don't know why he still advertises parts...

Same guy is still trying to sell a '74 164E, which he refuses to send newer pictures for. Literally, the pics in that ad are the same as from when I was still in high school.

I found a few 90+ RWD cars in a JY before but they're usually picked clean well before I get there.

-------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by redblockpowered View Post
Will you do $14.99 shipped?
Quote:
Originally Posted by IansPlatinum View Post
please no more prying things with screwdrivers and bashing things with hammers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwazywazy View Post
my balls have more wrinkles than my brain
--------------------------------------------

-1967 144S
-1983 245 Diesel
fatcatbestcat is offline   Reply With Quote